Have You Ever Felt Like Wishing a difficult child on Someone?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I do.

I just found out that the therapist is pregnant...

And while I mostly like her - she is the one who is pushing the "family game night will fix everything" theory...and she's had lots of 'tips' for me about how I could be a better parent - you know, the parenting expert with no kids of her own.

So now that she is expecting her first child? Oh yes, I am happy for her...

but also, a little bit, secretly hoping that she ends up with a raging difficult child of her very own.

:devil:

I would be THRILLED to provide ideas for her Family Game Nights.

susiestar

Roll With It
in my opinion it is a VERY REASONABLE wish for her. She CHOSE to work with difficult children, she needs real world experience with them. To be the best in her field she must actually live iwth a difficult child.

here is the fun part. If she treats her child the way she treats yours? She will CREATE a difficult child. So (waves wand, sparkles dance in the air) your wish is granted.

The craziest guy in my high school had a mom who wrote the psychiatric textbook used at our school and the local university. he was delusional, stalked a cop's daughter and was shocked when every law enforcement officer in 100 miles every direction knew his face and followed him if they saw him. Generally this field does NOT lend itself to raising well adjusted children.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Generally this field does NOT lend itself to raising well adjusted children.

...NO JOKE... It is a family joke that father in law is amazed husband and sister in law have their heads pointing in the same general direction as their feet, given mother in law's being a counselor... (Of course HE had nothing to do with it, and you're seen my rants...)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Preferably a game with pieces that hurt when they are thrown, such as Monopoly or Scrabble...

And checkers. Cause, you know, you could break industrial windows with checkers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, probably nobody gets that but me, but that's ok... its making me laugh.

Raising a difficult child is making me not well adjusted....

i vote for a fancy figural chess set with each piece made of some kind of heavy metal, with a variety of pointy edges.

i think it would be a lovely shower gift. :devil:

mazdamama

Thanks for the laugh...would serve her right. Bio mom of my two had an adoptive mother and later we found her bio mom. Adoptive mother is a nut case. My husband was dying at the time his first grandson was born and could not travel to TN to see him....bios had divorced for a short time....and this woman would not let bio mom bring Daniel to FL so my husband could see him. Said we would never see him anywhere other then HER home. Next thing you know my son and his ex are here with Daniel and getting remarried because she is pregnant again. Bio mom's bio mom is a sweet woman that did what she needed to do although she did not want to give her up.
Adoptive mom is such a witch that when bio mom set herself on fire and was in the hospital for 3 months before dying she never bothered to call the girl's bio mom although there was a relationship. The boys "real" maternal gma told me that Linda..the witch...said I stole her grandsons. When gma told her about the boys' problems it was "better her then me".