Have you noticed

klmno

No kidding- I am not falling for the TP claim that a double roll for the same price as twice as many "regular" rolls are giving me the same as I used to get. The regular rolls got smaller and now the double rolls look about the size that a regular roll used to look like.

I definitely think all this change in product quantity is a way to charge more without consumers noticing suddenly - like they think if we figure it out gradually, we will be accustomed to it before we realize that we are spending more to get less.

I spent the majority of today job hunting again although I'm becoming more and more convinced that it must be a bad reference interfering. I'm not positive but I talked to a headhunter today and she told me it would be against the law for them to tell me "what a reference had said if it was a bad reference". I'm not so sure about that- I think they can tell a person if they rec'd a bad reference without getting into specifics- but I do think this would be general policy. If this headhunter doesn't get back to me, it will convince me more that this is what the problem is.

I also spent some time on the phone about the house situation and was able to buy a little more time- not much but a little. That is why I jumped back over to sending resumes out. Of course, I'm still selling stuff and don't mind that a bit when it's stuff I can easily spare anyway. There have been a few things I've sold already though that broke my heart to part with. But I'm still prioritizing in the miraculous event that I am able to get a job within a couple of weeks. If there is a problem with a reference, it will be close to impossible though.

donna723

On the toilet paper thing, there's something I did notice. Even if the rolls appear to be the same size as they always were, on many brands the cardboard core is now wider than it used to be. So even though the total width of the roll may be the same, there is less TP than there used to be on the roll because the hole in the middle is bigger! Check it out! They probably pay people big bucks to come up with this stuff!

klmno

And they call us overly suspicious or paranoid. HA! Look at what we warrior moms have detected here!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I actually took some Angel Soft TP, a regular roll and a double roll, and pulled it off the core (this was about a year ago for one of Onyxx's projects - on "value" pricing).
The core on the double roll was wider - AND not as long! By about 1/4". But that's a LOT!

Plus - the piles of actual TP? There was about 1/2" more (unsquooshed) in the "double" pile.

The "single" pile was about 4" tall.

Double? My left foot.

DammitJanet

Ha! Now I know why I stick to not buying those double rolls and stay with the .99 or1.19 store brands! And I thought it was because my dog got into them and sometimes shredded them...lol.

My stupid dog likes to make me mad by getting the TP and getting in the tub and shredding it to bits. I figured out that I could cut my costs by keeping only the cheapest TP out instead of the bigger rolls. If he tears up a .25 roll Im not as mad as if he tore up a big expensive roll.