Haven't been here in awhile

muttmeister

I was doing a nanny gig since the beginning of October. Had one 18 month old sweetie and one 4 year old difficult child. I'm really thankful that kid is theirs and not mine. This was a short term nanny job and I was not particularly sad to see it end, although the idea was to get enough money for my move.

Now that my mother has passed and all of that business is settled, I'm moving to Omaha - something I've wanted to do for years. difficult child 1 is still doing fine and difficult child 2 is still a mess but he and his wife are buying my house and I'm getting the heck out of here. They (difficult child 2 and wife) are having a 4th baby within the month. Not sure how they're going to make ends meet but at this point it is NOT MY PROBLEM! Wow, it sure feels good to say that. I've rented a really cute apartment and am moving November 30. I can't wait! Am looking for another nanny job starting about Jan. 1. I have enough to live on but I need some to play with and to get ahead on a few bills I still have. I am definitely ready to get on with the next stage of my life. Wish me luck!

DDD

That's just terrific, Mutt. I'm thrilled for you and will look forward to updates...you've been missed. Now, lol, since I am a worrywart please tell me that your home sale does not involve you in any way as a cosigner or mortgage holder or ??

Having a clean slate for your future must make you feel ten years younger. Hugs DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm excited for you. A brand new start in a place that you always wanted to live . . .with no difficult child's in sight. That sounds like heaven to me.

~Kathy

pasajes4

You are living my dream. I so want out of my money pit of a house and the freedom to up and move somewhere I have always wanted to live.

Nancy

Great news...in many ways I envy you. What a brave thing to do but I get the feeling you will love it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
To BOLDY Go..........and keep going! You're kinda like a cross between Captain Kirk, The Energizer Bunny & Nannie McFee. Good For you Mutt! You're inspirational!

muttmeister

Thanks, y'all. Right now (just for a couple of weeks, in what was my house) I'm living with difficult child 2 so any move has to be a step up. LOL
I've always (at least as an adult) tried to live my life in such a way that I might regret doing something but I don't want to regret something I didn't do. I am excited about this move and am ready to get on the road. Sadly, I have to wait till Saturday. I'll try to keep you posted.