Having a little pity party

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's just a small pity party because in the whole realm of life it is relatively minor! However, I am so tired of losing my voice!!

Over the years I have had trouble with my voice. Some of you may even remember I had surgery on my vocal chords quite a few years back. Since then I've lost my voice at points but this year it has been almost every Thursday and Saturday. Now it has been coming and going since last Thursday.

At one point this morning it was so bad I had no voice at all!

Of course, the fact that I am a teacher, losing my voice is a problem!!

The good news is, it doesn't hurt. The bad news is, it's exhausting!

I'm drinking tea (which helps some) and lots of water too.

Like I said it's just a small pity party but thanks for listening

InsaneCdn

I have a tiny bit of understanding for what it means to be speechless... I've had a couple of 2-3 day rounds of it. And it's beyond frustrating. Have known other teachers with the problem, as well. Do you have a sound-field system? (where you wear a microphone, and there are speakers in the classroom) Sometimes that avoids accumulated strain on the vocal chords

BusynMember

Wiped Out, I have benign nodules on the thyroid which makes my voice squeak like a teenage boy when I cheer at games and other stuff. I always got laryngitis though because I was a singer. One day I was angry at one of my kids and I tried to raise my voice. The only thing that came out was a little squeak.

Everyone cracked up, including me.

I feel your pain :) It's not fun!