Having our first NeuroPsyche tomorrow...

nvts

and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to what to make sure we ask/inform/discuss with them. We have the Social Worker to do the "intake" at 9:30 and the NeuroPsychologist at 10:00. This one is for difficult child 2. Most of his issues seem to be sensory, speech delay, etc. He's really pretty easy going, but I want to make sure that I use this visit to our greatest advantage!

Thanks for ANY input you can provide!!!

Beth

BusynMember

My son had a twelve hour neuropsychologist evaluation. HE will ask the questions, have you fill out several forms about your child's behavior, and do the testing. He will take a history. I'm surprised that you didn't have an intake interview first. The neuropsychologist wanted background info before he saw my son. Maybe the social worker will take it. If it's a good neuropsychologist, the evaluation will take a long time and be very intensive and tell you A LOT! My son had six two hour evaluations over a period of six weeks, and no stone was left unturned. Good luck!

DDD

I just spent most of today filling in forms for the neuropsychologist
that is scheduled in about ten days. It is out of town, of course, so the questionaires were sent to me. They will want
you to provide all the baby milestones (teething, crawling, walking etc.), all the disease history and then you will be given
a kazillion questionaires where you grade your difficult children behaviors or
misbehaviors on various scales of seriousness. When you go in person they will ask you lots of questions and try to lead you
comfortably into describing what you see as problems. Often
it is a six or eight hour testing combination so about every stone is turned. Let's hope your results are very helpful. DDD

AllStressedOut

How did it go? We're working on a referral from our GP to a neuropsychologist. I'm curious to know what was asked and what you asked about. I have a list of symptoms to discuss and possible concerns, but other than that, I'm at a loss.