Having the procedure done today

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am having the ablation this afternoon. Surprisingly I am not nervous at all. They've stockpiled me with lots of drugs. The only one I'm a bit nervous about taking is the Toradol. They already have me taking 800mg of Ibuprofen and Toradol is a similar drug that cautions against taking it with Ibuprofen specifically. The warnings are enough to freak me out...stuff about risks are that holes will develop in my stomach and bowels!!! :surprise:

I am guessing (hoping) my dr knows what she's doing! So here's to it! Please keep a good thought that all goes as planned and that it isn't that uncomfortably painful. Thanks~

trinityroyal

Good luck Jo. Sending positive vibes that everything goes smoothly, and that you get the procedure alleviates the issues you've been having.

Trinity

klmno

Sending many well-wishes. Admittedly, I have no idea what kind of procedure that is but I hope it's not too painful.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Good luck, Jo! I've had so many disagreements with my own uterus, I will be thinking about you all afternoon.

Please let us know how things went.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jo,

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers all day. Wishing for the best and absolutely no more pain after this is done.

Hugs
:D

Lothlorien

Jo, I had this done last year. They only gave me Ibuprofen when I left the hospital, but I wished they had given me something else much stronger! I had some Percocet from my sinus surgery many years ago (I know....expired and not good) and I took one. Thank goodness for those! I hope everything went well today.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well it is a good thing there are censors on here!! Can you say OW????

Loth, definitely, Thank God for the percocets they gave me. The prep was not too bad, and I didn't think I'd make it through the procedure to be honest. About 2 minutes in I amost had them stop, but she reduced the pressure and I lasted another 4 minutes. I stopped at 6 minutes, so I was 2 minutes shy of completion, which the Dr said is fine because she's seen great results in only 4 minutes. She is confident that this will be a success. Did you know that they actually gave me 3 shots of novacaine directly into my cervix? wow.

Afterwards, I felt pretty good and I was real hungry so H took me to a mexican restaurant and I pigged out on veggie tacos and a corona, yum. But then on the way home, some serious pain hit and I went to bed with a heating pad. Did NOTHING. I popped 2 more percocets and right now I feel okay. I called the dr because I didn't think I should be in so much pain, but this other dr said it's normal and to continue taking the percocets as needed. He should not have said that because I will!!!

So thank you for the well wishes - much appreciated. I'm using easy child's laptop and I hate it but I get dizzy when I'm up. H put a dvd/tv in our room so I can watch movies. What a guy. I am dying for a cigarette, but that's out also, since H is home. lol. Guess I will settle for a nap. Thanks again~

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Glad it went well. I hope your family takes good care of you while you recuperate. Enjoy the pampering!

SRL

Yikes--my doctor doesn't do this procedure in the office but typically does it at the outpatient surgery center. Sent me home with plenty of pain pills. I laid low for 3-4 days and then was able to go about my normal business.

Rest up!

Jo,

I'm glad the procedure went well. I'm sorry about the amount of pain you had to endure. I hope that by now, you're feeling lots better!!!

Thinking of you... Hugs... WFEN