Hawaii pics! Finally!

mstang67chic

Going Green
There are scenery shots? Oh...guess I had better go back and look again. I seemed to have gotten stuck at the Luau pictures.

Ahem.

Star*

call 911........call 911
There were OTHER pictures past the luau men??? lol :tongue:

Terri - thanks - I think that's Raouls Father Paoul.....lol. Mrow.

Someday I hope to get there. Everyone in my family has gone but me. And that beach bunny was hysterical...omg I almost didn't open it because I thought it would be a chick in a bikini. hah. Nice.

The horses on the beach? One of my bucket list to do's. Lucky girl.

But the last picture? OMG - HEAVEN in a polaroid. Just LOVELY!

You're very lucky and blessed to have seen that.

Thank you for sharing - I've never seen personal pics of Hawaii. Loved them. :D

TerryJ2

Beach bunny? OMG, too funny! Hadn't even thought of that, particularly the way I put the luau pics first! ROFL.

Yes, I am very, very lucky to have seen all of that. I wouldn't mind living there. :)

lovemysons

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!

Terry,
My mom took me on a trip to a Hawaii when I was a teenage girl. I had the most awesome time. Did the hula dance on stage...I was pulled up there by a young fire juggler guy, he was cute!
Went snorkling and found a man's gold wedding band. Went looking for a remote waterfall and ended up almost being chased by a wild Boar on the way back to the car! Went island hopping in a small plane in a storm...the plane lights flickered and the plane it seemed almost crashed! Incidently, when we got off the plane I didn't realize I still had the "emergency instructions" in my hand, lol.
Anyway...It was JUST the most exciting memorable trip I ever took.
So glad you got to go...I hope to go back again one day.

Hugs,
Tammy

TerryJ2

Tammy, it doesn't get more exciting than that! I can do with-o the scary plane ride. :) I feel sorry for who ever lost his ring in the water. All too easy to do.

Witz, we stayed in a condo about 10 min north of the resort area on the west coast. We have a timeshare, but it wasn't available, so we went online and found other people's vacancies. It saved a lot of money. The hotels are really, really expensive, even in the off season.

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
-Snort - Did you see DOG the bounty hunter? ROFL...:tongue: what a joke. "Okay lets stand in a circle and pray to God." and then he runs around yelling profanity and telling people he's going to kill them and crush them. :confused: Pretty buff for his age but from the neck up - just a butter-head.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Beautiful picutes, Terry! Looks like you had great weather, too :) We haven't been to that island as a family yet. But that is probably my favorite state to visit for vacation. We've got a timeshare there, too. Maybe when husband retires we'll just move into it permanently! :p

TerryJ2

Hmm. I hadn't considered whether it's my fave state to visit ... I guess I always thought it was MN because family and friends are there. Yeah. Hawaii my fave state to visit. I like it!
Be sure you have a solid retirement plan and ins plan if you retire there. It's not the richest state for economy and health care.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You're right about the economy there... it is depressing if you go out in the areas where non-resort people live.

My vision is to split time between there and SoCal. I don't know if we would ever want to sell our place here... but then it will be too big for us one day when the kids are all gone (gosh, that means there is a chance they will actually leave someday :p ).

witzend

Witz, we stayed in a condo about 10 min north of the resort area on the west coast. We have a timeshare, but it wasn't available, so we went online and found other people's vacancies. It saved a lot of money. The hotels are really, really expensive, even in the off season.

Which island?

TerryJ2

Maui.
We stayed at a condo in Sugar Beach, near the intersection of North and South Kihei Roads. It was a good location for day trips--we could get everywhere within about 20 min. (Except the Road to Hana. Don't think I'll ever do that again.)

witzend

I'm looking for an exchange in Maui for our 25th in a little over a year. I want two weeks together, and have banked two weeks to trade. We'll see what comes up. We've never been before. I'm pretty excited.

TerryJ2

Great!
I hope you put in for the exchange already. It takes a long time. If you can't get it, you can still rent from people online.
We're coming up on our 30th.
We are back on a budget so I think we'll be spending the night in a nearby city. Oh well. It's still nice to have a night away.