He called this morning

T

toughlovin

Hi all,

Well difficult child called this morning. He called the tx place this morning and told me I needed to call them to set things up. So I did, and faxed them the info and they are going to go and pick him up. I asked difficult child what happened yesterday... he claims he never recieved a call. That is probably a lie... so who knows what he did yesterday. Anyway he is on his way to treatment so I can rest easier at least for a few days.....I am hoping that somehow this time something will click. I don't have a lot of faith but at least its worth a shot.

I am hoping a few days on the street with no money from mom and dad made an impression.

I am wondering what happened to his bike.... but I am letting that go too. Not even going to ask him about it.

I am very relieved... I was going to post about what a funk I am in this morning, but I am a little less in a funk now.

TL

DDD

Phew/Whew! I clearly remember how wonderful it was to exhale. So glad that he is going and absolutely hoping that he is ready to absorb the message. Hugs DDD

Nancy

I too remember those days when you know they have landed somewhere safe. He must have gotten hungry.

Not to make light of this at all but TL what must your credit card company think when they see all these charges come through for all these sober houses. We have a dark humor side don't we?

Nancy

Last edited:
T

toughlovin

Lol nancy i hadnt thought of that....if anyone at the credit company looks at our bill they will know for sure we have a drug addict in the family!

Kathy813

Staff member
Did he say how long he planned to stay in treatment? I'm glad that you can rest a little easier now.

~Kathy

T

toughlovin

No and I didn't ask him. I figure that is really up to him and the treatment providers (and probably insurance). I am sure right now he is thinking as little as possible... hopefully once he gets there, gets whatever drugs he has out of his system so that he can think clearly, he will choose to stay longer.

Its another wait and see thing. I am getting better at this waiting and seeing thing.

TL

Tiredof33

I'm glad your going to have some peace. I think any time they are expose to counseling it has to sink in some! I'm so happy for you that he called today, if not he would have the entire weekend to spend with the other druggies. In our area everything closes on the weekends and Monday is a holiday.

T

toughlovin

Arghhh I have gotten nothing done today!!! I need to get my act together. Just got a call from the place and they cant reach difficult child!!!! THey call him and it goes right to voice mail. I texted him but it doesn't look like my text went through. I left him a voice mail. He hasn't sent any texts since noon.... my guess is his phone died or something. Hopefully he will figure something out. Seriously the few hairs left on my head that are not already gray are turning gray very quickly!!!!

TL

Nancy

Oh gosh, if he's been on the street he had no place to charge his phone. Hope he gets to the library. What are you going to do when he calls asking for food money.

Nancy

T

toughlovin

Tell him to call the place, they can pick him up 24 hours a day! I called and checked.

I hope he remembers how to call me collect...of course nowadays its hard to find a pay phone.

Ugh i do wish he would call.

TL

DDD

I doubt this helps you at all.......but I feel sick after reading your post! Geez, Louise. This is all too stressful for you and "the family". Sigh. Hugs. DDD

PS: It remind me of the old joke. "I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. It turned out to be a train!"

exhausted

Holy cow. I hope he gets to a place to charge his phone. I hope he follows through. There is nothing you can do TL. Give yourself permission to rest. Turn on a mind numbing movie or something. Make cookies with your girl. You need a break.