He called.

Just now, K called.

He apologized for not getting back to me sooner.

He set the record straight with me that he did not "wonder for 20 years" if Copper was his kid. When Copper was about 4 or 5, she and I had our pictures in the paper. He saw the picture, and at that time thought that she resembled his sister. He wondered if maybe she could be his, but knew from everyone else that she was J's.

He never said a word about it or gave it a thought again.

Fast forward to a few years ago when he moved in with L. L's brother C was a very good friend of my brother and me when we were in highschool. About 10 years ago, he killed himself. L and K were talking about highschool and old friends and she brought up my brother and me. At that point K told her "you know,Kitty and I dated, then she had this kid so many years ago, and one time I saw a picture of her, and she kinda looked like my sister, and I wondered if she could be mine."

L took that and ran with it. Called my brother and was all "Oh K has wondered for years about your daughter blah blah blah". And then my brother called me. By the time I got the information, it was 4th hand, and it sounded so much more urgent than it really was.

K raised 2 stepkids in his adult life. He loves kids. If Copper were a kid, he'd run and get tested. He even told me that if I wanted to, he would test.

I told him that this was for him, not me. Copper is none the wiser.

And it still stands that I was SO sure that she was J's all along. She probably is.

We decided to let this die. And that is OK with me.

Closure.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am so glad you were able to find closure on this without any drama whatsoever. You have no idea how rare that is.

hugs

witzend

It's probably for the best. If things change, then things change. But it just seems like stirring up a hornet's nest at this point.

mom_to_3

I think you're wise too, to let this rest. If Copper isn't concerned no one else should be. I would be curious to really know and that is probably natural, but like someone earlier said, you could be opening a can of worms. Who needs it!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
BBK- I like him. He said he'd call you and he did. He sounds like an honorable man. I am so pleased for you.

Is he single? Any embers brewing underneath the conversation? ;)

Suz

meowbunny

He really does sound like a good guy. I'm sure if it ever became an issue, he'd do it. For now, you're doing what is right for you and that's all that matters.

Thank you all for your support throughout this.

He really is a good guy. He was more concerned that I did not feel bad than anything.

Suz, don't think it didn't cross my mind, haha! But it was a passing thought. I like things how they are, and I have so much Tink to worry about... ;)

F

flutterbee

Closure. Such relief can be found in that word. I'm glad you found it and can put your mind at ease.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Glad you got closure without having Copper think of "what might have been"...... Move forward and don't look back.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hello kitty!

This sounds like a wonderful conclusion to the situation. Ia m glad you kept Copper none the wiser.

He does sound like an honorable man, and a really good guy. Glad things worked out this way.

Closure is great, isn't it??

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Just catching up... This was nice to read. He does sound like a nice man.
I am so happy for you, that something was resolved without to much drama.