He got the job!

in a daze

He starts Monday. Part time. But he'll be working in the deli.

He's kind of nervous about slicing meat. I'm nervous about it too.

But it's a job!

nlj

That's so great! I hope his self-confidence and self-esteem will grow. I hope you enjoy shopping there! My son had a part-time job in a cafe once, it was so nice to go in and order a coffee and have him proudly introduce me to his workmates. Normal life for a while. It's making me smile when I think back to that time.

tryagain

So glad for you both. We've been going through this with our difficult child this week as well; I am ready for her to begin work so she can accumulate enough $ to get out of our house and into an apartment. She is a "tenant" here and understands that she can not live here again; thank goodness, she wants to be on her own - although the practical aspects of doing that still pretty much seem to elude her...one step at a time, right? She says that she's gotten a food services job as of last night, and I hope that she is not just fantasizing. We'll see about that soon enough.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Great Daze! One step at a time, that's all any of us can do. I hope good things come for your difficult child from this job.

Thanks for letting us know...it is so good to hear good news.