He Got Up!! Took his test!!! and PASSED!!!!!

Coookie

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooo :bravo: :princess: :princess: :grin:

Didn't think he was going to get up but husband called him downstairs and said... "Aren't you supposed to go take your drivers test this morning? Robby took the day off to get you there..we are loosing money and this is going to stop. You either get up, go take your test or pack your bags and leave.."

He came upstairs 5 minutes later. :grin:

So anyway...a positive here at the Coookie House and boy did we need it. We have 3 cars and the 93 Toyota has been his since he graduated (although husband has been driving it and storing the Mustang)...so he has his license and a car..no earthly reason now he can't get a job.. :grin: He will need it if he wants to keep gas in the car and pay for his part of the insurance. :grin:

I'm feeling good right now. Hoping that he can build on this success.... :smile:

Hugs

Sunlight

Rob...I had mixed feelings when ant passed his driver's test on the first try...I was glad he could, but feared the new troubles a license would bring..lol

glad to see you smiling!

rejectedmom

Robby I am so happy to see a positive post!!!!!! Hopefully difficult child is comming out of his state of 'woe is me' and moving foward. Gotta hand it to your husband! He supported you and your efforts and made difficult child aware of the sacrifice you and he made. Then he set consequences and demanded difficult child act or reap those consequences. I hope this is a hearald of better things to come! -RM

Fran

Former desparate mom
What a relief. Glad husband's authority got difficult child out of bed. :bravo: He gets the warrior dad award of the week. Whew, that must be a big load off your shoulders. Now he can be a productive, working young adult. I'm so glad you have a good day for the family.

PS: we did role play with difficult child about what to do when pulled over by the police. My difficult child would want to argue that it wasn't his fault and end up getting shot. Just a thought.

Estherfromjerusalem

Coookie, I'm pleased he passed. Congrats. Maybe, just maybe, he needs something to have gone OK so that he can feel just a little bit more positive? Here's hoping so.

I hope he now starts looking for a job and finds one really soon.

Hugs.

Love, Esther

KFld

I would definatley let him know that this is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't end here. Set a time frame that he needs to have a job and be a respectful, contributing member of your family, or he will need to find somewhere else to live. If you are worried about the cold, then give him a dealine of April 1st. It should start warming up by then and you won't feel as guilty if you need to ask him to leave when it warms up a bit. Just remember, when you set time frames, stick to them, or he will never take them serious.

Kathy813

Staff member
That's a big step! As Loth said, now he has no excuses about finding a job.

I would definitely set a deadline.

~Kathy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, this could be good, but it also gives you a new worry...having wheels........hope it gives him the idea of getting a job. Thinking good thoughts and sending them your way.

Ally

Congatulations to your son!!! Ill keep my fingers crossed that he can now find a job to drive to and from