he has a friend!!!

crazymama30

difficult child finally has a friend. He comes over to play all the time, and is staying the night tonight. They have been playing video games all night. difficult child gets pretty loud, but his buddy seems to handle him well. I go remind difficult child to be quiet, he might be giving his friend a headache. difficult child says, I'm not at the same time friend says yes you are. lol.

difficult child is usually very private about his ADHD. ( I have not fully explained the mood disorder to him) He told his friend he has ADHD and wears a patch and takes pills. Friend seems to not even think about it, and I hope this does not blow up and burn difficult child.

I am just so happy he has a friend. I have seen him cry too many times when easy child gets to go to friends' houses and he has no one.

mattsmum

That is wonderful! I am hoping for a male friend for my difficult child too. His best friend is our neighbor, who is a girl....no boys his age in the neighborhood.

Star*

call 911........call 911
That is great news - I'm happy for him. I know how it feels to watch your son want to have a friend so badly. Here's to a long and happy friendship!

PersonalEnigma

That's great! I wish difficult child would get a "real" friend. He did have one for a bit there, but it wasn't a good match... I think he was more of a last-ditch resort when no-one else would play with her. Her family had some pretty big issues too from what I gather, so letting difficult child go over to play wasn't a great option.

tammyjh

Yay!!! Thats HUGE!!
My difficult child has just met a new friend too and the other girls mom and I are hoping to get the girls together soon. Its kind of difficult where they live a little distance from us (about 30 miles) but its worth it if the girls really get along well.
Hope your son continues to have a wonderful time with his new friend!!!!