He is still there!

toughlovin

So my son is still at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and seems to continue to do well, even with some hard things coming up. He is calling us a lot more often and is sharing with us much more than he ever has before. I actually feel like we have a real relationship rather than my pulling teeth to get him to talk to me!! It is kind of amazing. He called tonight because his old roommate died which he was very upset about. He doesnt quite know what to do about it... I told him he just has to let himself feel the feelings. Anyway he feels he has support and was about to go off to a meeting. So he is sounding as serious about recovery as ever and that makes me happy!

toughlovin

Coma - I particularly think of you and hope you take heart. I didnt think my son would ever get to the place where he would want to get sober for himself. Its been a long road to here.... and of course may be a long road from here but the fact he got to this spot still is amazing to me because like your son he has been in many rehabs and hospitalized several times.

comatheart

I love hearing and reading stories that give me hope. As you know, the repeated rehabs and hospitalizations make it sooo hard to find that hope most days, so I love getting reminded that it can happen.

lovemyson1

Yay! So happy for you! I loved when my son was in his Victory Outreach program, he was so sweet, caring, full of life! I wish he were still there! Thanks for the happy story toughlovin!