he makes so much noise

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
husband and I have seperate computers. I moved my desk not long ago so I was in the corner of the house that freezes in winter and broils in summer even with heat and air.

The problem is while I am doing things on my computer his is in the next room not far away and he sits with his headphones on. This in itself sounds like a nice caring man. Until he EATS! Then the noise he makes...OMG. He smacks his lips and grunts and other nasty noises happen. He doesn't do this when he doesn't have the headphones on. But put those headphones on him and I don't know what he turns into. He makes it sound like he is some wild beast that just took down an animal and is eating it.

I have said things to him and try and ride it out as he is such a good man but sheesh wild kingdom in the next room everynight is old.

beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Does closing the door, or maybe a vent if there is one between the rooms, help? husband always drove me nuts when he was on the computer in the same room. I cannot IMAGINE how you cope - those wild animal eating noises make me want to vomit.

Can you get a pair of noise canceling headphones to wear? I love love love mine. They even block out some of the kid squabbles!

Have you told him that the sounds he makes while eating make you want to vomit? That is what it does to me.

Of course, I have made DANG sure that husband or the kids or whomever know that if I vomit because their rude noises then I will vomit ON THEM.

I haven't had to carry through, but they ALL know I will. You would only need to do it once, I am sure.

I do have to remind the guys that the food is already dead and won't run away. And that no one will take it from them.

Guys are so odd about eating, in my opinion.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Simple solution. Throw out his headphones. Worked with mine. :D

PS Keep throwing out every new pair he gets. ;)

husband finally gave up and stopped buying them.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
If it were as simple as that. We have no door between us. And because of the way the house is situated the tv is in the room farther over from me and easy child watches it and so the noise fro competing tv's would make a real issue.

If I point it out he does stop, I just don't understand how that can not carry over from day to day.

Star*

call 911........call 911
husband he is some wild beast that just took down an animal and is eating it.

I have said things to him and try and ride it out as he is such a good man but sheesh wild kingdom in the next room everynight is old.

beth

Well Marlin Perkins - I suggest getting a dart gun, a radio collar and relocating him to some other part of the wilds of Kenya. :tongue:

donna723

Do you hve any way of recording him without him knowing it? Then you could have the pleasure of playing it back for him to show him how disgusting he sounds!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth, out of curiosity does husband have any hearing issues? It's amazing how much noise I made that I wasn't aware of until I was diagnosis'd with a significant hearing loss. I couldn't hear myself chew, my voice or even a turn signal in the car.

The first time my hearing aids were inserted it was sensory overload.

Just a thought.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Linda now that is an interesting thought. He probably does having hearing issues. He works in the back of the bowling alley wear the machines are. Hmmmm