He passed away today

Steely,

I am sending gentle hugs your way. I am so glad to hear that you were able to be there to support your father. Take care, and be good to yourself.

Valerie

Star*

call 911........call 911
May your family find the peace it seeks during this time. Sending hugsand prayers for your Mom and you Steely.

tawnya

So sorry, Steely. I'm still not over losing my mom a year and a half ago.

It gets better, but it really stinks for you right now, and for that I am sorry.

((HUGS))

klmno

((HUGS)) I'm so sorry. I am glad, though, that you had the chance to say goodbye and hug him and hold his hand that one last time. I know it still is so very hard and your family has already been thru so much. You'll remain in my thoughts.

nvts

Steely, my mom passed when I was 19 years old...she died alone at 3:00 a.m. in a hospital bed (I had younger siblings so dad was home with them). I've always wondered if she felt abandoned. She was comatose...no one knew what she could hear...

God has blessed you with something that you will know in your heart and soul forever- that your Dad had comfort, love and compassion - as well as the permission of those he loved most of all to leave this existance and to move on to his next stage. You've now witnessed life at its beginning (with Matt) and life in its final stage - the forward facing quest of our souls to reach perfection.

May God hold your Dad in the palm of his hand.

Beth

Lothlorien

I'm truly sorry for you loss. I'm glad you were there for him and he doesn't have to suffer any longer. Sending you hugs and gentle vibes of healing thoughts your way.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Steely, I know that you always felt that you somehow disappointed your Dad. In my mind, having the courage to see this through with him to the very end did not go unnoticed by him or your Mom. I am proud of you and very sorry for your loss.

Hugs,
Suz

Jena

hi

sorry i'm late but i saw it days ago on facebook. i facebooked you.

i am so sorry, yet what you did being there for your Mom and helping him crossover those are huge things. I think being there with someone when they cross over is one of the greatest gifts you can give.

yes watching someone die is quite the unnerving experience. it will take time within you yet you will find your peace in it. i sat with my grandmother ten years ago when she died. i held her hand, very similar situation until she was gasping for those last breaths. knee jerk reaction is to help until you realize their sole has left it's just their body shutting down. so they do not feel pain anymore.

hugs i know this wasnt' easy, and sometimes we dont' get the closure we wanted. my grandmother passed and i had alot Occupational Therapist (OT) say to her we were in our first ever argument prior to her being in hospital. well you can still say what you have to, write a letter than go to his favorite spot and let it go free burn it shred it etc.

hang in there thinking of you

Abbey

Spork Queen
Steely...I am so deeply sorry. Weird thing as I got a new cell phone and was transferring numbers and I saw yours there. Don't have it anymore as I'm lazy, but I'd love to chat.

Abbey