He proposed!!!

slsh

member since 1999
I've been griping for almost 20 years now about a lack of a proposal. Yes, we did get married 20 years ago today but it came about because of husband's sailor friends. We'd been dating longest (6 months) and the guys wanted an excuse for a party. Voila - a wedding, Navy style.

Every movie I've seen, every jeweler commercial, every print ad, I point out to my boys that *that* is how it's done. Bended knee, hidden ring, cherubs, hearts, butterflies. Expressions of undying love and how he cannot live without her, will she do him the great honor? So... maybe I've laid it on a little thick, but with each passing year I honestly thought the opportunity to actually say "yes" to my man might never come.

He did it this morning, in front of all of our children. I can't even remember what he said because I was crying so hard (I'm *such* a sap). He sat me down in the recliner, got on bended knee, and brought out the most beautiful anniversary ring. It was an amazing morning - and I think it was even better because our kids were all there.

He's such a good guy. Loves me, warts and all. Is my best friend and strongest ally. I felt a bit guilty because he apologized for taking 20 years to be able to do it "right".... but then I got a bit huffy (playfully) and asked him what on *earth* I'm going to give him grief about for the next 20 years. :rofl: He said he was sure I'd think of something. He knows me well. ;)

It's good to feel loved and wanted and appreciated. Sure did erase all the stresses of the last few weeks/years. I think for the next 20, it's my turn to make sure *he* knows I think he's just the greatest guy.

It was a good day!

nvts

Looks like you're going to have to take the "almost" out of your signature for a while!

Cheers to the blushing bride!!

:couple::congrats::flowers::wine::abouttime:

Beth

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
All the years of complaining paid off and now you have witnesses!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a keeper........thanks for sharing.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(blubbering - ) pass the kleenex -

THAT is one of the most ROMANTIC stories I've ever read.

-What EVER could you gripe about now? More diamonds?

Congratulations