He went this morning

PonyGirl65

Well they wouldn't release my son's belongings to my husband. husband sent me this text: "No dice. Will only release stuff to person signed over to....Sorry man (direct quote from deputy)" I laughed out loud :p So, the new plan is I will call my former daughter in law and see if she and BabyJ will meet me for dinner after I travel 45 miles to pick up whatever it is.

Thank you again for all of your kindness and support!

so ready to live

Hi Pony. Good way to deal with it--make the best of your day to see your grandson and enjoy him. That's a gift you can give your self, your grandson and your son. Prayers.

Roxona

Your post gave me the shivers, Ponygirl! It made me remember when I had to go to the hospital to pick up my Dad's belongings after he had died from a car accident. I was just 19. I disappeared from the face of the planet after that and don't remember anything until we had his wake a week later. All I can say is I understand how you feel a little too much.

blackgnat

Just wanted to add my sorry to the others-it's just the most painful experience, having children like ours. I'm sure you will be worried sick, but I hope you can put that part of your brain on Pause at times and do some self-nurturing. You're experiencing some trauma here and deserve some TLC.

Hugs to you!

Copabanana

Only they can change the direction.
This is so true. My son is changing. I can see it with my own eyes. It is not just hoping now. I see it. While there is still resistance and attitude he submits to control--by that I mean he acknowledges that we are right, about rules over spaces that are ours and that we control, and he cedes. He conforms. He is working with us. While it is not everything I would want, I am grateful. And for now it is enough. Actually, it is everything.
Find a hobby and keep yourself busy.
Yes. I was reading yesterday how cultural activities, those we do and those we expose ourselves to like theater, etc. have been scientifically proven to increase health and happiness.

savior no more

I knew this was coming

Knowing it's coming and walking through it are two different things. I'm not far behind you with my son. Hugs and comfort for you and your son. Prison sounds so bad but many tell me it is better than county jail. It's all not where I wanted my son to end up, but I'm working on acceptance.

savior no more

Pony -
Is there anything that valuable that your son had? I remember the day I drove my son to turn himself in (day from hell with manic, meth induced psychosis) and all he had was the clothes on his back and frankly I will leave them there as I don't want the painful reminder.