HE WENT TO WORK TODAY - language

janie

New Zealand
Hey Star* ... can you pm me too re translation of "Frogs Uncle" ... I have NO idea what it could mean .....
Boy, I would have loved to have had you around here when I was trying to get Alex up and out of the house in the past .... :)
I LOVED the threat of no speaksies for the car ride .... I must try that some time.
hugs from me :)

KTMom91

Do you hear the thundering applause sent all the way from not-so-sunny California?

I do love the "reboot" theory...I have some rebooting to do when I get home!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, you needed to get it off your chest, and Dude really needed to hear it. :D

My Mom would've used the blownhorn. She did use one of those LOUD old fashion brass bells. OMG you never saw 5 kids hop out of bed at 4am like we did!! Anything to stop the NOISE! lol

Praying uber hard that this is the job for our Dude and he takes off to PCdom from here.

Hugs

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
Apparently he needed to hear what you needed to get off your chest. Good for you, Star!

Now gift that boy an early Christmas present of an alarm clock and let it be his headache from now on to get his posterior out of bed, get ready for work and get in the car when you're ready to leave.

Out of town work sounds great!

PS: you are so naturally funny and gifted as a writer. If you are not blogging already, you should be.

Star*

call 911........call 911
----(Star thinks she's naturally gifted as a gabber.) :tongue:

This morning I got up, let HIS puppy out. Fed HIS puppy. Sorry folks I won't let any child starve- furry or otherwise.

Funny story about that. You know Dude has not been home, so he leaves "baby" Luu-Luu with us. Well, to know us is to know we love animals. (Remember, we're the ones that trap spiders and release them into the woods while saying 'now tell all your arachnid buddy's to stay out of our house because you got a second chance) Anyway Dude is in the living room. I'm in the back bedroom down the hall where I might ad, said pup and Pootie (his OTHER castoff - our little girl now) and my Big dog Casper and I all share a king sized bedroom.

So here we are all snuggled and in walks Dude to "claim" HIS puppy. Oh okay. (takes HIS puppy to the living room) then I hear (baromp, baromp, baromp, baromp, baromp -pitter patter of little paws, a slight whine, scratch ,and I open the door and there she is - Luu Luu Belle the baby. She darts to my side of the bed, jumps up, and in the bed she is put. I shut the door and down the hall comes Dude. KNOCK KNOCK....(puppy hides under the pillows) "WHERE IS MY PUPPY?" He comes over to my side of the bed, moves the pillow - takes her back out into the living room. We resettle. Two minutes later? (baromp, baromp, baromp, baromp, baromp, baromp, baromp, baromp, pitter patter -a bit faster, scratch, scratch with no whine) and I open the door, pick her up and we do the whole charade over again.

Dude bursts through the door and announces "You're stealing MY puppy!" (oh yeah, I feed her, I potty train her, I play with her, I bathe her, I love her, I correct her, I get her toys, I just spend time with her and I give her cuddles - yup that's stealing....but you aren't HERE....idget) I just sigh, he reaches into the bed, takes her again and the look on her face was worse than Dorothy's Toto when Elmira Gulch put him into the basket. I felt bad for her. Not one minute later......yup you guessed it....the baromp monster....scratch,(swear she whispered Gramma?) and this time when I got up? I locked the door behind us, and we settled down, fell asleep and thinks she's a furry human neck scarf. Dude gave up and went to bed.

Last night? He put up a barricade in the living room and took his puppy to bed with him. This morning at 12:30 I got up to check the house and when I opened my door? The baromp monster burst through the barricade and slept soundly all night being my furry little neck scarf and her "Daddy" was none the wiser. She felt so sassy when she walked out into the kitchen this morning at 7:00 keeping her schedule to have her Puppy Chow on time, then did pees in the grass, (under an umbrella and watchful eye of the worlds best big sister Pootie) and back in to be towel dried, have a cookie, and go back to a snuggling warm spot.

Oh and Dude? I did exactly what Nomad said. Thought it was brilliant actually. I told him last night that he should pack his lunch tonight and get his clothes ready before hand & today would be his last wakeup call by me, then he should find an alarm clock. So I gave the "Time to get up Dude" at 7:00 sharp. And at 7:35 I left. DF freaked out, then said "Ohhhhhhkay."

When I got to work? It was raining, and Dude's boss called me and asked if he was here. I said "Nope." So he said "Well it is raining, I'll call him later and swing by and pick him up on the way in." .....I just keep thinking "Whatever."

Oh and by the way - Dude informed us in a heated, one-sided scream fest last night while trying to assemble a dog cage that he got out of my storage shed without permission -(you know he's working now and he's going to put HIS puppy in that cage all day while he's at work) NOT LIKELY -that he was getting his paperwork together at the P.O's office and in 45 days he would have his transfer to go live with his Daddy. I asked him after his one sided scream-fest if he has called "said daddy" to make his arrangements, and he said "NOooooooo. He doesn't have a phone. And he lives with someone who lives with someone else. But I'm welcome there." ----uh huh.

DF suggested getting a calendar and marking off the 45 days with smiley face stickers. :Done, :Dtwo, :Dthree.

-Yesterday when I told Dude to pack his lunch he said he didn't NEED one - but came in and ate most of MINE.....

trinityroyal

Star, Luu Luu Belle sounds simply precious.

As for lunch, Princess Paulina and I think that you should eat your lunch yourself, and let Dude pack his own.

DammitJanet

Ok...does he really think the PO people are going to ok him going to live with a (how many times?) convicted felon? At a cathouse? LOL...ok...Im dying laughing here. Isnt it a part of his probation that he not have contact with other felons? Uhhh...wouldnt that also apply to living with them? Especially ones with rap sheets as long as Daddy Dearest? Im also assuming that their are guns in these homes. Uh...not a good thing. Dude...felony gun charges. Not to mention the drugs.

Oh he so isnt thinking this through.

N

Nomad

Hmmm

Do you have an old alarm clock you could give him? Would you be adverse to buying him one? I would want him to have one so he has a way of waking up. However, I would not expend energy waking him up repeatedly. (Exception would be if he is legitimately sick or had an unfortunate situation that kept him up the night before...something unusual...but this is RARELY a difficult child kinda thing).

I also like the idea of buying HIM a calendar. TOOLS for him to use (if he WANTS to use them).

You can help him out...but HE has to make the effort...expend the energy...not you.

Okay, if you show love and care to the dog, MAYBE he will get jealous (???) and figure out that the dog will respond favorably to him if he took care of him. Life kinda gives you what you put into it.

It's choice not chance that determines your destiny....

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Actually, if Dude has a cellphone, he doesn't need a seperate alarm clock. These days even the most basic ones come with an alarm function.

You can set alarm tone and volume as well as time. I have trouble hearing and I could set my old cellphone (five years old) so loudly and obnoxiously that it practically catapulted me out of bed.

Gee, I'm not sure where to post this little idea, but this seems to be a good thread for it. My best friend told me last night about putting her son's underwear in plastic baggies in the freezer when he'd just leave them strewn about the bedroom. That's where he had to get them in the mornings until he learned to put his clothes where they belonged. He fixed the problem rather quickly.

Star, do ya think frozen undies would help Dude wake up when he's rushing around in the mornings without time for a thaw at room temp?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ok....um...

Frogs Uncle. I THINK I know what it is....if so, I've let that fly once or twice around here. Not a good thing generally but it does get people's attention now and then. But, could someone clue me in just in case?

Loo-loo....Uh huh. She may be little but she's not stupid. She knows who takes care of here. (sniff...sniff....I smell toast) Loooove the scarf by the way. Showed her pics to the evil sis....she melted. When she said AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....I think dogs whined in the next state. I didn't know the human voice could hit notes like that.

Dude....alarm clock? Check. Lock on storage? Lock on your lunch? (The one that I'm assuming is healthy and fits with your new diet that is ensuring your health....THAT lunch?) Yeah...eat fast and tell him he's SOL.

Star*

call 911........call 911
MORNING THREE..........

Me, the furscarf, Pootie and Casper awake - we got the king sized bed to accommodate everyone when Casper went over 100 lbs:surprise:.

It's 6:45, I pass through the living room - I say "Lets go girls, and do pp in the grass, hurry up, brrrr it's cold, GOOD MORNING DADDY TIME TO GET UP & GO TO WORK TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE PUPPY CHOW. With that I was PLEASANTLY surprised to hear "Okay Mom." :angel3:

I will add here that I got him some clothes to allow him to "fit" in with the rest of the men I work with instead of making him stand out like a colorful, rainbow, thug, construction worker wanna-be. I dressed him in Browning, Carhart, a pair of used boots that we glued the soles on with gorilla glue (all used from the 2nd hand store, and an army camo shirt-coat. DF gave him a camo-ball cap and one of his buddies gave him a pair of jeans that were work style not - below the crack of your behind. This morning for the first time our Dude looked like he was serious about work, not going clubbin', and left out in the parking lot over night and missed a ride home. ;)

-I'll also add, my boss noticed this BIG time. He was also impressed with the change and made some comment...so did the other men. So 2 points for the $2.00 boots, the 2nd hand clothes and the help from your parents. :whiteflag:. Not too sure about undies in the freezer....but it gets cold enough in our house .....lol.

Also - it was music to my ears that at 7:15 I heard his cellphone (doesn't have service BUT) I heard bleep, bleep, bleep......so GN - you were right the thing does have an alarm.....and on his own volition - he had set it. Amazing.

He packed animal crackers for his lunch....(okay win some loose some)

I packed peanut butter and jelly extra sandwich and (took your advice Suz and HID MY LUNCH IN MY DESK DRAWER - very good advice) ;) but left the extra sandwich, crackers and orange, bottle of water out for him. Just in case....if not it's sugar free jelly - I'll have it tomorrow.

He made it to the car without argument -
We made it to work and even shared a few laughs about a Carl Childers (Sling Blade guy) reads the Grinch that Stole Christmas.
He got to work - and his boss was here, with 2 other guys (apparently not waiting for him to show up----THAT was an eye opener. This guy doesn't goof around, so show him you're serious or you're replaced too many guys begging for work) And he left.

They also got the out of town job - Four months long - He did put in a word for his buddy -Cory. The guy said he thinks he has enough local guys and the owner wants to hire guys in GA when they get there BUT if there is an opening - he'll keep it in mind. Just wanted you to know we did ask for our brother in NC.

And as far as lil Ms. Luu-Luu? Baromp once again down the hall last night....except this time -----lol She was waiting for ME....hahah. Dude just said - WHATEVER MOMMA.....I think she likes your room 'cause it has TV. (uh huh)

Stang - I'll post about Luu-Luu's bungee jumping adventures later....ya'll will NOT believe it......just will not.