Health update...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Well, after attending an appointment with my rheumatologist twice this week, I'm going back to the neurologist this coming Thursday.

Rheum doctor believes we're indeed looking at GBS or possibly myathenias gravis versus the others mentioned last week. In the meantime, my primary care doctor is checking into options for a complete check up at Mayo Clinic within the next month.

Along with that, a much longer recovery period ahead. Kind of bummed - I struggle with knowing what to do next. Other than learning to pace myself (thanks Marg - still working on that), & ask for help, I'm feeling totally lost.

Never thought at my age, I'd lose so many very vital abilities. I do know that I have more abilities than many more have & will use this to keep myself going.

AND I've always loved a good mystery. :reading:

I keep trying to pick along at the piano. I'm learning to delegate, use grocery delivery services & other things that I have the means to use at this time. The means I didn't have a year ago. My PCAs have been trained in to teach kt to become more self caring - more responsible.

I'm hoping to get to the library today & find a good series of books to lose myself in this coming week. I find if I can keep the pain at bay, I can do pretty much anything (except maybe think straight :rofl:).

Thanks for all the continued good thoughts.

(((((((((Linda)))))))))))

I am right there with you, learning to ask for help and do things differently than before. It's not easy when you've done something one way for so long.

My prayers are with you and ktbug as you work your way through this. I know she has had a rough going with this. Sending strength your way.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I know this must be so hard for you. You seems to be handling everything with such grace and you still have your sense of humor! I'm just beginning to read mysteries again after many years of not reading them. I'm guessing if you like mysteries you have probably read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. If not you should check these out they are very good and funny too!

nvts

It stinks to know that you can't add any type of insight or inspirational thought that would lift your spirits...so all I can say is "give 'em hell!" (Harry Truman). Both you and BBK have it rough but I admire the two of you...you both seem to truly face adversity head on...if we can all take a piece of that away, we're better people for it!

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers!

Beth