Healthcare changes to age 26.... dental too?

MICHL

Healthcare for difficult children is now to age 26 thanks to Obama, but does anyone know if that applies to dental plans also? I get the family health & dental plans (they are separate) through work. TIA

jbrain

I don't know the answer to your question but I am wondering if our premiums will also go sky high. I would love to be able to put difficult child 2/easy child back on our insurance in Jan (she is 19, not a college student) but i am afraid it will be too expensive.
Jane

flutterby

Fly away!
I don't think so. I had asked my mom that same question because she works in a dental office, and she said they haven't heard anything about it. I'm pretty sure it only applies to health care.

MICHL

I think I found my answer at my work benefits website: Eligible individuals can enroll in a dental plan. They may enroll in a plan for Self Only, Self plus one, or Self and Family coverage. Eligible family members include an enrollee's spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 22, or if age 22 or older, incapable of self-support

DDD

easy child/difficult child is now covered again (he's 23) by GFGmom's BC/BS group plan. I was able to set him up with a new MD two weeks ago. Yeah! The Dental Plan has not added him back yet but I don't know if it is due to his Mom's inaction or if he will no longer be eligible. Good luck. DDD