Healthy thoughts needed for tomorrow

Wiped Out

Staff member
Tomorrow I have two doctor appointments. One is for my Osteopenia diagnosis that I received in August. I'm guessing this one will be o.k. Hopefully they'll just tell me to take calcium and vitamin d and that will be all (although couldn't they tell me that over the phone?).

The second appointment is for a second mammogram. They said the one they did showed a lot of density so they wanted some other angles. At first I figured, no big deal. Then I did what one should never do and googled dense breasts. Much of what I found said it can increase the risk of breast cancer. I have other high risks associated because of my early menopause (age 21) and my mom had breast cancer. Still most likely everything is fine.

I would really appreciate some healthy thoughts!

Nancy

Sending positive thoughts Sharon. I have had my share of these scares and while they all turned out fine it was worrisome.

I also went into menopause early and have been on actonel for years but I didn't renew it last year and he told me I could wait until my next bone density and perhaps I can finally stop taking it.

Good luck,
Nancy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thinking of you today and sending all the positive thoughts I can!!!

by the way, I also have VERY dense breasts and my gyno said unless there is a family history, there is usually nothing to worry about. However, erring on the side of caution by having a 3D mammo/ultrasound is best (I had one of each last year also!). Breathe.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks for the healthy thoughts and prayers. They worked! For the Osteopenia I am supposed to start taking calcium and vitamin D. They will do another bone density test in two years.

For the second mammo they ended up also deciding to do an ultra-sound. They said it's very dense but looks like normal tissue in the one spot, however, they do want a follow up mammo in 6 months.