Heard about Steven Tyler?

mstang67chic

Going Green
He fell off the stage last night at a concert. Apparently he was airlifted to a hospital with "minor neck and head injuries" so I'm hoping he's ok.

Not that any of this if funny but....my step-uncle is on Aerosmith's crew right now. HE fell off a stage or loading dock not that long ago. What is UP with these guys? Geesh.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
How old is Steven Tyler? Balance becomes an issue as you age...... maybe he ought to stick to recording studios? or at least build a padded fence around the stage...... Sorry to hear this and I hope he is okay.

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. What a scary thing on many levels. I'm getting ready to go do a major outdoor gig here in 1 1/2 hours. (Can't tell the band, but you oldies would know them.) I think about equipment failure all the time, or who might get hurt. Someone trips on a cord that takes down a series of 80lb. speakers and you're in trouble, as well as them. Now toss in HOT lights... You MUST have a very capable crew in setting up. Vegas, not a problem...new state...I still worry. Already been there 3 times today.

Rapid City is where I grew up and am going back to in a few days. ANYONE comes to town and you'll have a sell-out crowd. It doesn't matter if you like their music. Entertainment is scarce. It's also the Sturgis ralley which brings thousands every year.

Abbey

muttmeister

How old is Steven Tyler? Balance becomes an issue as you age......

He was born in 1948 - that's a year younger than I am. Balance may become an issue as you age but not this young. I'd rather think it had to do with all of those drugs for all of those years.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What is UP with these guys? Geesh.

Ummmm... years of very hard living (translation: drugs & alcohol)!

My bff was completely gaga over Steven Tyler when we were kids. She even went out to buy the same sneakers he would wear on stage -- she called them her Steven Tyler shoes. :tongue: She taught herself to play guitar and I think one of the first songs she learned was "Dream On".

You know you're getting old when your R&R idols are falling of the stage... :sick:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I tell you...between my step-uncle, Steven and I think another crew guy did something similar....these guys need glasses or something! LOL

I shouldn't laugh. You can do some serious damage falling like that. My step-uncle landed on his face this time (last time he did this he boogered up his back) and had all kinds of stitches....forehead, nose, lip. But omg...these guys (crew and "talent") have been doing this stuff for YEARS and it's just NOW that they fall. Or at least that's true for my step-uncle.

DammitJanet

Well when you smoke and shoot heroin for YEARS....I guess a stage is hard to keep your balance on. When I watched him on Dr Drew he was just a pitiful shell of his old self. I cant imagine him actually performing anymore to be honest. He couldnt even speak clearly.

susiestar

Roll With It
At least he didn't lose consciousness. It would be hard work up there in all those lights. I wonder how much dehydration was a factor? I know that when my dad doesn't stay hydrated he has horrible dizzy spells, so maybe that was a factor.

Janet, I think you are thinking of Steven Adler, the Guns N Roses member. I looked up Celebrity Rehab on Wikipedia and Steven Tyler was not listed.

That fall would be hard on anyone. He is 5 years younger than my dad, same age as my uncle. My dad and uncle both started with balance issues about 5 years ago. Maybe it is age related for 'stang's step uncle and Steven Tyler.

It is awesome that the fans were more concerned for his health than about missing the concert.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I can't speak for ST but my step uncle is only 42 LOL. We gave him a hard time the last time he did it. I think he was just so used to roaming the stage during set up/tear down and wasn't paying as much attention as he should have been.

I've seen Aerosmith in concert and Tyler just goes nuts on stage. Maybe he got a little closer to the edge than he thought and took a wrong step?

flutterby

Fly away!
Steven Adler (GNR) had a cocaine induced stroke when he was like 35, which is why he can't speak clearly. It's sad to hear he's still having issues. He was smokin' hot back in the day.

I thought Aerosmith all got off drugs years ago and stayed clean - I'm pretty sure that's still the case. I did notice more Aerosmith on the radio today....

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Ok...maybe wrong Steven. I went to google and googled him though and it came up in connection so I thought it was the same guy. I was never an Aerosmith or GNR fan.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was in line at a movie theater in Florida - I turned around to say something to the gal I was with - and WHAM there he was ------Steven Tyler - and honey let me tell you- DUDE did NOT look like a lady - lol

(quoting Miss Swann from Mad TV).....Heeeeee look like a man....

I'm sorry he fell. He was on Rock Stars against drugs- wasn't he??

WHERE oh WHERE is Tylerfan when you need her input?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Darn it all. I wrote this long response this morning and then my computer puked and I lost it.:mad:

Drugs / age could be a factor, but most likely it's the zillion cables that line a stage that most people don't see. Trust me...been there done that too many times. It's my worst nightmare when a band wants to use corded mics instead of wireless. They start getting crazy, trip over a cord which sends a series of 80+lb speakers to the floor.

I took pics of the concert I did yesterday. It was a last minute call...me scrambling to throw together a stage crew...nightmare again. Now I can tell...Little River Band, but 3 pre-bands before them. I just have to figure out how to get the pics off of the cell someone loaned me.

Anywho - I kept taking pictures backstage of all the garbage that the public doesn't generally see. I was watching the lead guartist in horror as he had a massive cable that was wrapping around his foot peddle. He didn't know/care, but I kept thinking about him tripping off the stage.

Now, on to more important things. Star...what is with the birthday avatar thing? Did we miss it? Am I dense and just don't get it???:tongue:

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Abbs....just send the pictures from your phone to your email. It may take awhile depending on how many pics you have but send them like you would as a picture message to someone but input your email instead of a number.

But....if you don't have messaging....do you have a memory card in your phone? You can get a card adapter kind of thingy that will let you put the phone memory card into a SD card and then you can stick THAT in your computer.

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's not my phone, but will see if they can put them on a USB drive or email them to me. Like a dork, I forgot to bring MY digital cam to the event.

Abbers

DammitJanet

Abbey...Little River Band? Wow! You are just too cool for words girl!

Now remember, I need to give you a list of people that if you go to work for them that you just have to get autographs from...lol. First off is David Cassidy, then there is Barry Manilow. Those are absolute musts. Then any country bands. You know I adore them. Im also a fan of almost anyone who played soft rock in the 70s...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Janet...they were AWESOME. I believe only 2 of the original members are still on crew, but they pulled it off perfectly. It was like being in 1978 again.

Shoot...if I knew David Cassidy was a wanna, I could have pulled that off easily. Maybe on my next trip to Vegas. Barry Manilow - untouchable. He requires, as a few other do, that you turn your heads as they walk down a hall. I find that rather offensive. I guess being a 'star' isn't all that is cracked up to be. They want their privacy.

Abbey

Lothlorien

Abs, I just love Little River Band. They rarely come this far East, but they came this way last year and husband and I got to see them in concert. They opened for Air Supply. husband and I left in the middle of Air Supply, but not before Leo Sayer opened his shirt and bared his chest for all the blue haired ladies in the front row (puke). Now, there's something that I never want to see again!