Heard from GoldenGuru

witzend

I spoke with Kelly this evening by phone. She was very touched that we were thinking of her. She was just coming back from the airport, having dropped off her son who surprised them by coming for the Holiday weekend. She seemed really happy to have seen him, and asked that I give you all an update.

She has finished the super heavy duty chemo and the doctor feels that it is going well. She is beginning an easier round of treatments for the next nine weeks, and she is feeling more like her old self.

Unfortunately, one of the side affects of the chemo that she is on is that her eyesight has deteriorated quite a bit, and she can't read the computer screen. From time to time she has her husband answer e-mails, but I think she finds it a bit frustrating, so she promises that she will be back with us after her eyes are more able to handle the screen.

Everyone keep up the good thoughts!

ctmom05

Witz,

You are an angel for seeing this thru .. .. .. thank you.

I am overjoyed to hear that Kelly is making progress; no better time than the holiday season for that to happen. The path can be rough, indeed, and it sounds as tho she is coming out on the other side - I am so glad.

Kelly girl....I'm amongst the many folks here who are rooting for you!

tiredmommy

I'm just so relieved that I could cry. :crying: While I'm sorry to hear that her eyesight has suffered, I'm just so glad that GG is doing well. Thanks Witz!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What good news that you were able to talk to GG, Witz. Fingers crossed and all good thoughts headed her way that this next round of treatment nails that horrible disease for good so she can be back here with us soon.

Suz

klmno

This sounds promising! I hope the worst is over for her and she can continue to feel more herself and put this behind her.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thank you for the update Witz!

Since she's not going to be on the computer for a bit, would there be any way to get cards to her? Maybe you Witz or anyone who has her mailing address could be postal central. We could send that person cards and maybe a buck, that person could package all of the cards together and send the whole bundle to GG. That way, she wouldn't have to give out her addy if she wasn't comfortable with it and it could be a nice surprise for her. (The buck would be to help with postage for our personal post master)

Thoughts?

witzend

I've been trying to find my list from a few years back. I know I have it somewhere, and I think she was on it. I'm terrible with my stacks and scraps of paper...

Lothlorien

Thanks for the update Witz.
I hope she knows that the candle is still burning in our hearts for her. I'm glad to know that she has gotten through the worst and is getting stronger.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Witz,

Tired Mommy has a lovely and EXCELLENT idea.
I will delay the list if you can "sneak" and do something "devious" :surprise:like tell her we got her a get well card and didn't want her to know.....(lol) Of course we can all do that TOO......lol

AND ------we would have to write HUGE so SHE could read it okay?

I will postpone until I hear from you......Ms. I have no Holiday Festivus (ho ho ho) hahaha......hehehehe.....SPIRITS ARE GETTING TO YOU......mwah hahahah

Yes, I know.:redface: Turd...to my corner.

witzend

Hey, it's Festivus for the rest of us! I'm hunting down Festivus cards now - it's on!

I'm not sure about "The Airing of Grievances", but keep your eye open for those Official Feats of Strength Challenges!

Star*

call 911........call 911
WIsh you Were HERE -

The center of Columbia this weekend has a FESTIVUS celebration......no joke.....

I just like the way it rolls off your tongue.

Today I heard a woman wish a man a Merry Christmas.....he stood there (he just didn't hear her.) So, she said "Oh I'm so sorry, "Happy Hanukkah!" O.M.G. I nearly spit my water out on the floor. I asked him if he was Jewish. He said "No." Then he said "Why? Because of my large nose?" I said "Um no...because she just wished you a Happy Hanukkah, and I had a question about Hanukkah. Just figured she knew something I didn't. Why...do you think your nose is large? My Father was Native American, believe me your nose is NOT large at all." He just laughed. Then he said "No actually I don't celebrate Hanukkah, I celebrate Christmas. What holiday do Native Americans celebrate?" OMG I got the biggest chuckle out of that. I said "Hanukkah." Yeah - he nearly spit HIS water out. :tongue:

Then I told the girl - "He celebrates Christmas he just didn't hear you." She said "Oh okay thanks." I said "Good thing you're not dark like me, she would have just gone down the list and wished you a Happy Kwanza." Sheesh. I told her either stick with MERRY CHRISTMAS or what YOU celebrate or give it up and just say nothing because it is embarrassing to guess that someone celebrates ???because of how they look. If that's the case we're ALL in a lot of trouble. :ashamed: She said "Guess you're right." (YA THINK?)

What was that thing a few years ago? MerryKrismakwanzarahmadan?:peaceful: Whirled peas!

N

Nomad

Thank you so much for the update.
Sending good thoughts, wishes and hugs.
I recall one year, husband plopped a Festivus Pole off at the doorstep of a friend, complete with- a big red ribbon. He really laughed!
Missing you Golden Guru!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks a million Witz!!! Tell her I'm holding good thoughts and praying for her. So good to know she's gotten thru some of the worst of it.

Hugs

Steely

Thanks Witz. Please tell her we are thinking of her....and that we are sending her many, many hugs and much strength.
I love Festivus...........that is the only holiday I celebrate.:tongue: No, seriously, it is the only one that makes me smile.;)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks so much for the update! She has been in my daily prayers and I have been wondering how she is doing.