Heard from him this morning

catwoman

He called at 7:00 this morning, I was in the shower but he left a voice mail with his cell number. We talked for a few minutes, he sounds well, is working full time and likes the job. He said he wondered why I never answered his last message because he thought he had given me his email address. He was waiting to hear from me and thought I had changed my mind. I told him I had been waiting to hear from him and had thought the same thing. Anyway, now we have each other's cell numbers and I told him I was happy things were going well for him and to try to keep in touch. That was about it. It was strange to hear his voice. He was 16 when he left and still had a kid's voice that cracked. I feel better knowing he has my number.

SunnyFlorida

Your conversation sounds like it was a good one. Your mind should be more at ease now.

Maybe this will be a start of a slow, slow recovery.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad the situation has been straightened out. I'm sure you're very releaved. Good to hear he's doing well.

Hugs

hearthope

Glad you called him. Just goes to show how different each of our situations are.

I bet you had a great day... I know this has been heavy on your mind

Hope it is a fresh start with you two

Traci

scent of cedar

That's just great! :smile:

It is a good sign that if, as your difficult child believed, you had decided to end the contact, your difficult child would have respected that.

Wishing well, catwoman!

Barbara

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm glad you sat on your hands and let him make the move. I know it was very difficult. Good job!!!

I'm so pleased for you that he called. :bravo:

Suz

Sunlight

I think it was so wise that you called his work and left the message, see how nice it turned out? lol ya never know what to do but in this csse you contacting him first paid off!