Heart Broken

pasajes4

I just need to share this with people who will understand.

On Saturday I found out that my best friend from college was hit and killed walking across a 2 lane highway.
He was a Viet Nam vet and suffered from PTSD. He would periodically show up wherever I was living to make sure I was o.k. The last time I talked to him I found out that he was homeless. I tried to get him to go the VA for help, but he was afraid they would try to keep him. He literally saved my life when I was a messed up little 19 year old spiraling faster than the speed of light into a depression that almost cost me life. I am feeling a little lost and like someone punched me in my heart.

jetsam

I am so sorry for your loss! I know it is so hard to lose someone who means so much to you! Just remember he will always be there , kept alive in your heart and in your memories! he is never far away.

Copabanana

PASA, I am sorry, so sorry for your pain and for the death of your friend.

His suffering is ended. May he rest in peace.

I am sorry for your loss.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh Pasa, I am so sorry, that's a hard loss......may your friend rest in peace now.....may his life be a blessing to you.... I hope the grief passes gently...

(((((HUGS)))))

so ready to live

Pasa-I'm so sorry for this loss. It's so odd that on the outside he may have looked to others to be not of much worth but you knew differently. You knew he cared for you and assisted you when you needed it most. May that good part of him go on to live in all of us. Prayers.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Oh this story brings me to tears. I'm so sorry for your loss and so happy that you were in his life.

I think that he cared for you very much and you brought him much joy.

nlj

I'm so sorry Pas. I lost a friend to a stroke this year. It's too young. It felt unreal. It made me think of doing stuff I'd been meaning to do for ages, like getting in touch with old friends I hadn't seen for ages - you know those friends who say "we must meet up soon!" and then another 5 years goes by. It didn't seem right that she had died and I was still here - like I'd outstayed my welcome. Life's tough sometimes. These 'punches to the heart' must get more frequent as we age I suppose. Thinking of you. x

Californiablonde

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. My very best friend Steve died unexpectedly after an accidental overdose seven years ago. He was only 40 years old. I will pray you find some peace and comfort. Hugs.

Scent of Cedar *

I am so sorry, Pasa. It's all such a mystery. It seems we never know, until the time has passed, what someone means to the fabric of our lives. Even when we do know, we can't seem to hold any of it. I am glad you loved him like that, and that he loved you. Gentle hugs, pasa. Prayers, for you and for him.

Cedar

pasajes4

I am not doing great. I am sick to my stomach that i was so caught up in Difficult Child drama that i didnt do anything other than tell him to go to the VA.

Calamity Jane

How heartbreaking, Pasa. He was a good and selfless friend to you, and I'm sure he was grateful for whatever advice you suggested. He knew your heart; do not regret that you were caught up in family drama most recently when you reconnected. He sounds like a caring soul. I'm so sorry for your loss.