Heavy heart

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I just a free book on Amazon Prime and have started reading it. Really good so far.

You'll Get Through This: Hope and Healing for your Turbulent Times
by Max Lucado

WiseChoices

It is vitally important that we take care of ourselves physically, emotionally, and spiritually. When we addeess all of these areas, it's a full time job caring for ourselves, and we have little time for others. We have to fill our own cups first and can only use that which overflows out of our cups for others . Because otherwise , we are not the best versions of ourselves, and cannot bring our best, most centered selves into our lives. God (or whatever higher power of your understanding) does not want us to sacrifice ourselves for others because to shine his/her/its love and light onto others , we have to show up whole. I feel whole when I tend to myself.

I find that in times of stress or chaos, I start to revert to old character defects like worry and anxiety, and at the same time, I stop tending to myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I leave myself in other words and that causes me to spiral deeper and deeper into my own Al-Anon disease (dry drunk or the ISM of the disease of alcoholism). So, I learned from this last episode of my own sickness that in times of distress I have to INCREASE tending to myself despite the feeling that I can't or don't have time. I went back to basics and increased my daily meditation to 15 minutes every morning and already I feel so much better. I go to the gym in the morning, practice yoga, pray , meditate , read recovery and spiritual literature every morning and have that conscious contact with God throughout the day.

Worry is praying for the worst possible outcome. Instead I pray for the highest good for that person and place them in my Higher Power's hands. I have got to get out of God's way so he/she/it can work .I turn my life (my actions) and my will (my thoughts and feelings) over to God's care.