Hello again, long lost family!

Hexemaus

Gee, I leave for a bit and Fran goes & sells the house on me? lol. :wink: Actually, Fran, you deserve some time off from being head warrior mom. :smile: You have fought bravely for your difficult child and given us all a soft place to call home. Happy retirement!

I'll have to spend some serious time catching up on everyone. I haven't had a spare minute to be on the boards in months now. I feel so far behind!

A quick update on us...

easy child turned 18 the beginning of January. She's gone back & forth with the boy she got engaged to last year. On again, off again, on again, then off again for several months. She started seeing other people and looking at colleges, but she was still miserable. Apparently, so was he as they are back "on" again now. She is wary and moving slowly, but at least I can "hear" her smiling again when we talk. (Maybe he is the love of her life? Who am I to know or judge? My job, at this point in her life, is just to be here to support her, whether I agree with her choices or not.)

difficult child 1 is doing better since I pulled her back out of public school. She was suspended for putting graffiti all over the bathroom walls at the school. Granted, her graffiti was her own poetry to which she was dumb enough to sign her name, but still graffiti nonetheless. Add to that failing 3 classes and skipping two days of art class in a row to spend lunch with her friends, & I just had enough. She seems to be doing better now that she's back in the homeschool environment. She has her first "official" Mom-sanctioned boyfriend. He seems like a nice enough kid. He has parents who care, set appropriate limits, and pay attention to what their kids are doing. Not much more I can ask than that.

difficult child 2 is doing well, although he went to the ER last night. He's caught a virus of some sort and scared me good with high fever and shaking. Turns out he was dehydrated, but doing better now that he's home and got a couple of liters of fluids in him. He's grown by leaps and bounds since August. (Went from a size 12/14 in boys to a men's medication/lg and 30/30 pants just since August!) Otherwise, he's doing well - just typical difficult child kinds of things, but nothing major.

difficult child 3 is still my sweet, kind-hearted, turbo-charged Energizer Bunny. Some days, I wonder if he's ever going to grow up or if he's going to be my slightly smaller version of Peter Pan. lol. (Fine by me...I'll happily take one who never hits those dreaded teens!!)

As for me...I sold my house & bought another. We close sometime in the next 14 days or so. The business has also grown enough that I rented a small office in a local office plaza. I'm shooting for a Valentine's Day grand opening. I just have a few odds & ends to finish up and I'll be ready.
Now to go get caught up on all of you guys!

Lori4ever

It's great to hear from you. It has been awhile. I'm glad things are going well with you. Congratulations on the house and the 18th milestone. That's fantastic! Glad business is good, too. You sound as if you've been super busy!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi hex, as always, nice to see you. Sounds like things are going well.
I'm shocked that you sold the work in progress! What will you do if you aren't framing and roofing? Just joking. It must be a relief to not live in the midst of construction.

Glad the kids are moving along and doing ok. Sounds like you are too. Nice to see you.

busywend

Hi Hex - good to hear from you! Glad things are going well. Congrats on the business and the new house!!

:bravo:

smallworld

Hex, good to "see" you again. I was just thinking yesterday that you hadn't been on the board for a while. Glad things are going well with you and the kids.

Hexemaus

lol, Fran! I'm so done framing, roofing, and all of that mess!

I think all of us needed a change, actually. The kids most of all. Since DEX wasn't allowed to take the kids off anywhere, all of their memories of him are tied up in this house as though he lived here. It's hard for them. Not to mention, the neighborhood has changed alot over the last year or so. I'm not particularly caring for some of the changes. So, I bought a house in a nicer neighborhood, closer into town. :smile:

It's so good to see everyone! You guys have no idea how much I missed you all! Unfortunately with the kids going through losing their dad & then the business taking off like it has, I've been snowed under! (If things keep growing the way they have been these last 6 months, I'll have to hire full time help before the end of the year!!! :smile:)

DDD

Love the pictures and the update, Hex. It sounds like you
are on the "up and up". I'm happy for you. DDD