Hello and thank you

MissLulu

Hello from the other side of the world to most of you.

I have posted here before (a couple of times earlier this year) but I haven’t been here for months. I have a new email address and have forgotten my old log in details, so I have started afresh under a new name.

Even though I haven’t posted here since the beginning of the year, I’ve been reading your posts regularly. This forum has kept me sane through possibly the worst year of my life. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone who posts here. I’m sorry we find ourselves in the situation where we need this forum, but I’m so glad it exists.

I haven’t redone my signature yet, so I’ll give you a very brief rundown.

Me: 53, happily married for 25 years to the father of our three boys. Work full time from home. Passionate about travel!
SO: 52, works full time. Shares my love of travel!
Difficult Child: 23 anxiety, depression (diagnosed) possible Borderline (BPD) (undiagnosed as far as I know) prescribed antidepressants but doesn’t take them. Drinks, smokes weed. Currently lives at home. Has full time job. Several other health problems - asthma, allergies etc. Can be sweet, charming and fun when he chooses.
C2: high achiever. Studying at university. Lives away from home but comes home at weekends as he has a part time job nearby. Hard working, intelligent and kind.
C3: High achiever. Still in high school. Sweet, loving and fun.

That's the reader’s digest version! So many things have gone wrong this year, I’m not sure where to start. So for now I’ll sign off by saying thanks again for being here.

Beta

Hi MissLuLu, welcome back. I too have been helped so much by this site and the regular "posters" on it. I have periods of time when I just read posts and absorb the wisdom, counsel, and encouragement being shared. I am so grateful to God for leading me to this site. It's painful to think there are so many parents out there who are suffering and grieving because of their adult children, but, like you, I am so glad this exists. Will look for your next posts.

MissLulu

Thanks so much for the welcome back, Beta. I hope things are going well for you right now. Things are okay here right at this moment but I spend my life waiting for the next crisis to emerge.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
Hello from the other side of the world to most of you.

I have posted here before (a couple of times earlier this year) but I haven’t been here for months. I have a new email address and have forgotten my old log in details, so I have started afresh under a new name.

Even though I haven’t posted here since the beginning of the year, I’ve been reading your posts regularly. This forum has kept me sane through possibly the worst year of my life. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone who posts here. I’m sorry we find ourselves in the situation where we need this forum, but I’m so glad it exists.

I haven’t redone my signature yet, so I’ll give you a very brief rundown.

Me: 53, happily married for 25 years to the father of our three boys. Work full time from home. Passionate about travel!
SO: 52, works full time. Shares my love of travel!
Difficult Child: 23 anxiety, depression (diagnosed) possible Borderline (Borderline (BPD)) (undiagnosed as far as I know) prescribed antidepressants but doesn’t take them. Drinks, smokes weed. Currently lives at home. Has full time job. Several other health problems - asthma, allergies etc. Can be sweet, charming and fun when he chooses.
C2: high achiever. Studying at university. Lives away from home but comes home at weekends as he has a part time job nearby. Hard working, intelligent and kind.
C3: High achiever. Still in high school. Sweet, loving and fun.

That's the reader’s digest version! So many things have gone wrong this year, I’m not sure where to start. So for now I’ll sign off by saying thanks again for being here.
Same here. So good of you to share.

Love and light