Hello, Everyone!! We are back!!

klmno

difficult child and I got back from a spring vacation oday and I just wanted to say "hello". We had a great time at Myrtle Beach and difficult child has decided we should do this again. Of course, his grandmother lives in a place on the way so he can stop by her house and get a little spoiled first. And, then he decided that instead of getting married and having a family when he grows up, maybe he should get his own little dog and move to Myrtle Beach so he can hang out and get the attention of girls who go "OOOHHH HOW CUTE" when they see a little dog.

Wonderful!! There go the grandbabies....

SSOOO, I'll be trying to catch up on the forum the next couple of days- we were in a cabin with no computer.

I hope everyone is ok and had a great week. Did I miss anything major in anyone's life?

mstang67chic

Going Green
All you missed around here was difficult child saying "But I'm 18" 1,765 times.

I looooooooovey Myrtle Beach! Did you go the the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum? There is (or used to be anyway) one of those theme restaurants where it's Midevel and they have a jousting show. We didn't get to go while we were there but wanted to.

Of course, at this point, I just want to go to a warm sandy beach. Any beach will do as long as it's warm and blue!

klmno

We did the moving ride thing- didn't do "believe it or not". We had done that several years ago in another city. Really, these "minimal" vacations are meant to be a part of the natural consequences for the $4000 of restitution I have to pay for last year's 2 hour crime spree- not to mention the pay lost for time off work and attny fees.

Anyway, we saw bungee jumpers- no I will not let him do it- and we saw the Doll's Dixie show instead of the medieval show. I think they are similar except Dixie is more a theme of the civil war. We took our little lap dogs (2) to the beach and difficult child swam in the campground pool. Actually, we have a great time when we do this so it is probably underminding the concept of consequences.

We have campfires and relax and it is an environment where everyone just waves and says "hello". At the same time, if there is somehting exciting around, we can do that too.

Well, it is my vacation too, RIGHT??!~!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes, it's YOUR vacation too. And you're entitled to have one.

Sounds like you guys really enjoyed yourselves. I could use a beach, on a tropical island, all alone. ummmmm that sounds nice. :redface:

Glad you guys had fun and you're back.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
klmno -

Glad you had a good time - If you stayed in the campground I'm thinking of - (if it had a HUGE playground) then you stayed with friends of ours. They've owned that place for years and years - like before there even really WAS a Myrtle Beach.

I love Myrtle - but could live at N. Myrtle beach. Did you get to go to the aquarium? It's awesome - love it. And downtown - well this time of year should have been pretty nice for site seeing. Did you get to see the carousel and all the little shops on "broadway at the beach?" - love it. They have a cat store. Just cat stuff - so cute.

Glad you had a nice time - and at 18 - plans change 100 times a day - so maybe there will be grandkids in the (oops I did NOT say that)

You sound rested - happy for you!
Hugs
Star

klmno

OK, BBK- how's this avatar? Of course, I can't hide it now when I AM talking to myself!

We didn't make it to the aquarium either :pouting:

There was so much more we wanted to do- difficult child has never been on a go-kart, so that was another thing. We both want to go back- I want to wait until next spring break, when it isn't so crowded. He wants to go again this summer- maybe we go to the southern area of NC if we go in the summer.

Anyway- thanks for the welcome back!! They had free wi-fi-

I just need to trade this easy child in for a laptop :teethy:

Abbey

Spork Queen
And, then he decided that instead of getting married and having a family when he grows up, maybe he should get his own little dog and move to Myrtle Beach so he can hang out and get the attention of girls who go "OOOHHH HOW CUTE" when they see a little dog.

That is TOO funny. What a male mind. Glad you had a wonderful time!

Abbey

by the way, what starts with getting a dog, roaming the beach, and attracting girls who say "aww how cute" could get you grandbabies in the end after all... ;)