Hello Friends....

JKF

I just wanted to pop in a say hello. It's been a while since I've posted.

difficult child is still out in Idaho. There have been a few bumps in the road but he likes it there and my dad is willing to work with him on the things he's struggling with. They have their fights sometimes but it's nothing violent and they make up fairly quickly after cooling off.

difficult child is learning quite a bit from my dad. He is in charge of building maintenance and keeping his room to my dad's standard of clean (which is pretty **** clean hence my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about keeping my own house clean! Lol) There have been a couple of times when he didn't do a given task or chore but he's learning quickly that everything better be in tip top shape when grandpa comes for an inspection. It's nice to see that he's being held accountable for his actions and he wants to make sure my dad doesn't get grumpy with him so he's been doing his work! He made a couple of friends out there and he's taking his medication daily. For the most part he seems happy and that's alone makes me very happy!

I think back to where we were this time last year. He was just about to be released from jail in PA and begin his nearly year long journey of homelessness. How we survived that I truly don't know. There were so many dark times and I felt like the #1 worst failure of a mother for the longest time. It took time and hard work and practicing detachment skills daily and here I am - one year later - stronger than ever. And because of that difficult child is doing better than he's done in a long time.

So anyway - I just wanted to say hello to my dear friends here and see how you're all doing. :D

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Good post. Truth in the matter, for some reason, some of our difficult child's do well living elsewhere. A 6 month trip to live with my mom did eldest a world of good

Marcie

scent of cedar

JKF, this is just what I needed to hear, today. Every time one of our kids finds his way out of that downward spiral, it boosts my faith that it can happen.

Really happy for you!

This is wonderful news. I am so glad you posted.

Cedar