Hello middle of the night crowd

Andy

I am so tired. I was just awaken by scrapping sounds outside. Figured it must be our snow removal guy so got up and checked. Yep it is him.

Figured since I am up, I will do the rounds to check on the kids. I got to the kitchen and the scrapping sound was louder than it should be so I opened the door to the garage and discovered the garage door is still up. It is about 2:30 here. I went downstairs to ask easy child why the garage door was open. She is asleep so her answer was,"I didn't know there were two doors. I thought I only had to close the one into the house." I think I will ask her again tomorrow just to make sure that is not her real answer. I think an 18 year old who drives should remember that one? But then again, this is only the 2nd night she has had use of the garage so maybe?

I don't want to close the door until the snow removal guy is gone so I am waiting up. Yawn!

He showed up as difficult child and I were leaving for school last week and I almost backed over him because I didn't see where he was. So, I don't want to spook him by having the garage door close unannounced. What a way to start the season - he may never come back.

I think he is almost done. Thanks for helping me stay awake for a little bit. I suppose it is a tad early to start the Good Morning thread.l

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Adrianne, Hope you are sleeping again.
No snow here. I haven't heard a snow scrapper in years. Good idea about not scaring the poor guy with the garage door.
Pretty funny about easy child not knowing there were two doors to close.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Too funny. What has me up at 4am? Snow plow. We had 6 inches (on top of the 10 that was already there) yesterday, another 8 overnight, and are expecting 8-12 inches today. All schools closed, etc. My 'wall of snow' around the curb is about 3 feet high already.

Now...someone remind me why I moved here again? :surprise:

by the way - had yesterday off and quite successfully navigated all over the city with the GPS. I dropped H off at work, Goodwill run, Penny's, Fleet Farm, lunch with MIL1, home, happy hour with MIL2, then H's work party without a flaw. I thought for SURE it was giving me wrong directions at one point, but nope - right on target. What a lifesaver and stress reducer. I shall never be lost again. Well, sometimes my mind is lost but that's another story.

Abbey

M

ML

I am sorry your sleep was disrputed and hope you're able to catch a few more winks.

I have a very funny gps story that I will share in another thread.. just had 2 minutes to check here before running to work (and yes it will be a heck of a commute in the 6 inches that dropped here last night)