Hello to All!

Grateful

I was talking with Natalie last night and the subject of the board came up. I realized I've been away for 2 years now.

Life has changed dramatically for my family. My daughter has blossomed into a beautiful young lady, with faults, but nevertheless a big source of help to me. My difficult child is back living with the two of us and will remain with us until he passes.

difficult child was finally diagnosed last fall with a terminal disease. He is currently in the later phases of the disease, but the comfort in knowing is a tremendous help. No longer are we trying to piece a puzzle together. The raging has stopped simply because he doesn't have the strength any longer. The strong will is still evident and probably his best ally.

I left my management position recently to care for him. I'm planning to work part time while he is in school. I'm at peace with life and thankful for much. I reflected on how important this board was to me for many years. My thanks. I'll be dropping in more often to be a shoulder to lean on.

I'd love to hear how everyone is doing and look forward to meeting all the new faces I'm seeing.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I have thought of you so many times, Grateful. It's wonderful to see you again.

What great news about your daughter. I'm so glad to see that she will be a source of comfort to you.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I apologize- I am speechless and just very sad for you.

You have also faced serious illness. How are YOU doing?

Please don't be a stranger. You were missed.

Hugs,
Suz

Sunlight

hi you. I have always thought that you deserved your name. so grateful even in the midst of not much to be grateful for. graceful, is true too.
nice to see you!

Grateful

Suz, I'm doing well. I've worked through the issues we will face in the near future. The blessing amid all is that as the disease progresses to the end so will his mind. As everyone knows, I've always said, as long as he's happy I'm good. His mind is failing as his body is.

Being unemployed is still fresh in my mind and is quite intimidating to me having always been self-sufficient. When the anxiety begins, I simply stop; breathe; and pray for strength and peace. It always comes. :angel: I haven't come this far to fail my children now. As my signature states, and it's my firm belief, I'm focussing on the solution not the problem.

It's so good to see everyone again.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Grateful!

OH I've thought about you over the years so much. I am so saddened to hear about your son and will send extra prayers your way. Don't worry about the unemployed part - God makes sure our needs are met (I need a new car, but so far one hasn't dropped out of the sky)

Don't be a stranger - well don't be stranger than me...you would have issues.

Hugs & Love
Star :flower:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Grateful, it is wonderful to see you. I'm so happy that you are doing well physically.
It is with great sadness that I read about your son. How really difficult his road has been. Many hugs to you as you go through another very difficult stage with your son.
It's good that your daughter is progressing and doing well.

We are still here if and when you need us.

Sheila

Hi grateful. It's good to see you've dropped by. Hope you'll do it more often.

Your easy child sounds to be the lovely young lady.

So very sad about your son -- my heart goes out to you and your family.

busywend

So sorry to hear about your son. I do like your outlook on life.

I am glad your daughter is helpful and supportive.

Stick around - we even have some fun now and then!