Helloooo everyone

KFld

Well, I just typed this big long post and I hit something on the keyboard and it dissapeared. I don't know why that happens, but it's not funny!!!!!!

Anyway, it's been awhile and I just checked into the other forums and did a little catching up on what is going on in everyones lives. Sounds like somethings have changed and some remain the same. You are all still in my thoughts and prayers even when I'm not here.

I'm still in the process of the divorce and it should be final on April 15th as long as nothing becomes contested. My s2bx is out of his mind and totally irrational right now, still trying to blame everything in his life on everyone but himself and everyone has had it with him including his own family. His dad passed away very unexpectedly a few weeks ago and he went down to Florida to be with him mom and family for the service and focused on himself the entire time and drove everyone crazy.

I just came back from Florida last week. I went to visit my dad in his new place, just five doors down from my mother in-law in the villages. I spent some good quality time with my dad and my mother in-law who I am still very very close too.

I am still seeing the guy I met in January. He is very nice and still makes me laugh!! I need laughter in my life now more then I ever did as my s2bx has been accusing me of everything from stealing and hiding his money for years to mis-manageing his business. I did a printout of every bill we paid last year, and guess what???? there was no money left to hide or steal. He is really dillusional at this point and actually heavily medicated. If he actually ever went for psychiatric help they would probably commit him.

My son is still doing great. He is still living with his girlfriend and remains clean for 1 1/2 years now. He is almost off the suboxone, continues to go to meetings and has no fear of coming off the suboxone. He feels he has made so many positive changes in his life that he has no fear of drugs becoming a part of it again. The only thing taking him so long to come off is that you go through withdrawals symptoms much like the heroin and the lower he goes the worse he feels, but he knows he just has to do it and be sick for a few days.

My daughter is doing well. She actually had lyme disease and mono!!! and was on homebound from school with tutors for 6 weeks, but is now back in school part time and back to work.

Well, I guess that's about it. Just wanted to check in quick and let you all know I'm still alive and kicking :)

I did read about Mikey's son, so I'm going to try and check in the next few days and watch for an update as I'm really curious as to what will happen to him at court.

Talk to you all again soon.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sounds like some positive changes in your life. Sounds like difficult child has it together, while S2BX has totally lost it. Thanks for checking in and posting....good to know there are peaks in the landscape of life......

everywoman

It's good to see you Karen. Glad things are going well. Sorry S2bx is still being such a jerk. He made his bed---let him lie in it! Don't get suckered into his drama. Sounds like difficult child is doing great. I know you are proud of him.

Star*

call 911........call 911
KFED,

STBX dillusional? Darlin' the day he stepped out on you he PROCLAIMED dillusional!!! But see I'm your on line friend and he is .......dillusional.

I'm so glad to hear the laughter in your posts. You sound lighthearted and upbeat - It's about time you had another person of interest in your life that treated you well. You are a princess and deserve to be treated as such. Nothing less will do.

Excellent news on your son. And hugs for your daughter. Poor thing. Wishes for a speedy recovery!

We still joke about your fancy trash bin. -Thanks for that.

Hugs -Take care, good to hear from you again.
Star

janebrain

I'm so glad to get an update, Karen, I was wondering how you are doing. Sounds like other than the crazy stbx, you are doing great! I am so glad you have someone in your life who makes you laugh, you deserve that. Sorry your dtr was sick with both mono and Lyme's--she must have felt terrible! What great news about your son! I am so happy he is still clean and doing well. I hope things continue to go well, keep updating us.
Jane

mstang67chic

Going Green
I was just wondering about you! Haven't seen you around in awhile. Glad to hear things are going well......besides the idjit that is. Geesh.

Oh, by the way......did you see that we're working on planning a board get together? There will be glittery signs at the airport and everything! :winks:

Wanna come with?

susiestar

Roll With It
Karen,

I am so glad you checked in!!! I was hoping things were going well. Seems like s2bx will have to pay the piper on April 15 - no more YOU - can his life be worse? I am sorry he is acting so irrationally. I am glad you are staying out of his drama.

It is so good to hear that you have a special man you can laugh with, that difficult child is doing well, and that your daughter is recovering. I am sorry you lost your father in law, that must hurt. It is wonderful that your in-laws are still close to you. I am glad THEY see the truth! It will make it easier on the kids this way.

I hope you continue to build a happy and fulfilling life for yourself. Hugs to your poor daughter, lyme AND mono - ouch. Prayers for a speedy recovery being said.

Hugs,

susie

mom_in_training

Wow!!!! How weird is that, I was seriously just wondering about you just yesterday and how you were doing. You were a daily poster for quite some time. Good to hear that for the most(Despite the ex thing) all is well with you and everybody. Nice hearing from ya, Thanks for the update. :)

TerryJ2

Thank you for the update, Karen. Sheesh, your s2b-ex is really something. He's on medications from the dr? But they don't match his symptoms? Hmphf. I take it he's not seeing anyone at this point.
I'm so glad everything is moving along with-your family and you seem to be doing well. And your friend sounds great. Anyone who can make me laugh earns wings and a halo. :)

wakeupcall

Geee.....doesn't anyone want to know about stbx's "girlfriends"? Where are they? I bet he is sooooooooooooooo sorry, but ya know, you never knew how good you'd be without him! You go, GIRL!

scent of cedar

HA!

Hi there, Kfld! :)

Glad to know that you are doing well. You sound wonderfully happy.

And while others of us might like to know about stbx?

I would like to know about Lucy!

I always wished I had a friend just like her....

It was great to hear from you again, Karen!

Barbara

KFld

Pamela J, he is still with the girlfriend he met the day I moved out. From what I hear they will probably be married soon after the divorce is final. Good luck to her. I hope they do get married.

That is the funniest part of all of this. He makes it known to everyone all his future plans with this bimbo, then flips when he finds out I'm seeing someone. I guess he thought I would going to sit home pineing away for him just waiting for him to find out the grass wasn't greener on the other side. Funny thing is, I'm the one finding out the grass is much much greener on the other side. The side I used to be on, the grass was looking pretty brown, not it's starting to look a very bright shade of green :)

Barbara, Lucy is doing great. She is still my true and loyal best friend for life and I never would have gotten through any of this without her.

Marguerite

Good to hear from you, Karen. I'm glad things are going well. You sound very happy. I'm not surprised STBX is showing his true colours to everyone. With people like that we never need to defend ourselves, we just have to wait until they open their mouths once too often and the truth is plain for all to see.

Stay cool.

Marg