help! 104 mph in a 55

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Use this opportunity to get a second opinion. When we had to change psychiatrists because of insurance I told the new psychiatrist all about my son. I sure wish I'd kept my mouth shut and let him start from square one because I know my comments swayed his diagnosis and didn't end up being a true second opinion after all.

I wrote this on your other thread but wanted to repeat it after I saw that you said you asked to have his records sent to the new doctor. It makes it quicker to get medications if you just pick up where you left off and he reads the records....but you lose the opportunity to get a new perspective on diagnosis's and medications.

Suz

BusynMember

Concerta is a stimulant. He sounds like he doesn't need a stimulant. My layperson's guess it's more than ADHD causing his behavior. Lithium is a mood stabilizer. It is the one with the highest success rate. Good luck getting him to comply with treatment. Again, if he's on recreational drugs though the medications will not work the way they're supposed to work.

rejectedmom

I would take all car priveleges away until he goes to court and then let the court decide for how much longer.

FYI- If he has a licence and he is a minor living in yoour house you will probably not be allowed to take him off your insurance. been there done that with my difficult child#1. Funny now that she is an adult the same insurance company makes us sign an affidative that she will never be allowed to drive any of our vehicles. -RM