HELP - at the E.R.

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
It's too bad your husband can't step up but I do understand. I think lots of us do. Have you asked Bubby how he feels about going to school? I might take the cue from him. And if you do decide to send him, make sure someone at the school (counselor? case leader?) knows what's going on so they can keep an extra close eye on him.

I know what it's like to question yourself once the heat of the moment is over! I have spent years doing that with difficult child and we are no closer to answers for him. I would definitely proceed.

TerryJ2

Just sending hugs ... and a little bit of info: if you don't have a referring therapist, it's going to be harder to get him in and get ins. coverage. If you have a therapist, have him or her type up a letter to the hospital with-info about why they are seeing your son, and why a psychiatric hospital visit is necessary. Also, the therapist can call ahead for you and make sure there are open beds.
You may be able to get a pediatrician to do this, if you don't have a therapist.
Just don't want you to have to go through anything harder than it already is.
{{hugs}}

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Thanks Terry. The social worker in the ER at the hospital we took him to is supposedly coordinating everything for us. She saw my son and agreed he needed to be seen at Children's. She was the one who was on the phone with them and told us they have 20 beds and are all full but we are in the queue. I guess I need to call her and ask her where we are in this process.

Do you think I should call his pediatrician too?

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Being off the Concerta today, I definitely notice:

-more hyper
-won't listen/stop doing things
-BORED BORED BORED
-walking into walls and falling on the ground - when I ask him why or if he is dizzy, he says he does it because he is BORED. I tried to ask if he likes the way it feels, etc - and he just gets mad at me

I feel like he would get kicked out of school if he went there like this. But, I also don't want him depressed. Arrghh!