Help...Homework...Psychology And You, 3rd Edition?

DDD

I am near the end of my rope. difficult child has ten pages that are DUE
tomorrow and they are worksheets from Psychology and You, Third Edition. His psychology class was his choice as an elective in high school. It is almost all verbal
and he just can't follow with that much stimuli. Most of this
assignment has to do with brain lobes, glands and their impacts.
AOL used to have a homework help site but evidently it is not
there. Anybody with a brilliant idea?????? I am getting too too
aged for this night before stress stuff! DDD

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathy813

Staff member
Is your library still open? Our public libraries even have an online homework hotline. Does yours have something like that?

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Triple D

Who is the authors of this textbook? I'm finding many online "companions" for this type of thing. Maybe with the authors name I can fine yours.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, and I've found these especially helpful to me....

ask.com search engine. You can literally type in a question if you need to or just search words.

nvts

I don't know if this will help, but NYC Dept. of Ed has "Ask a Teacher" on their website. You get live help online. I don't know if they have this course, but it might work. Just go to "NYC.gov" and click on the DoE weblink.

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Don't know if he got it done. I am too rusty to answer, but he might have luck searching for the specific questions, key terms, etc...

Is he capable of the work for this class? Can things be added to his IEP so that he has the book at home and can get notes from a classmate or the teacher?

OH - does the teacher have ClassNotes? We go to the school website, click on the teacher and get the notes the teacher posts. Some are better than others, but most are pretty good around here.

Remember, it is HIS assignment. Did he only have the 1 day to do it? Maybe he needs help breaking assignments down?

Hugs,

Susie

DDD

Thank you all for the responses. difficult child and I are in a headbutting
contest this week. Yes....that IS unusual. I'm not sure why he
is so discombobulated but he sure as heck is a mess. Personally
I think he is in over his head with his schedule this year. I
also am absolutely sure that he has decided that he is going to
pretend he has no disability. He says "the teacher will NOT let
me have a book". "I can NOT stay at the library and use their
text book."

Some of it is typical teen garbage. Alot of it is Aspergers. There is a
bit of ADHD tossed in, of course. MUCH of it is Me! I am getting less flexible with each grey hair popping out of my scalp!

We have no library setup for homework help. The "big" cities
like Tampa do but not little towns yet. I will save the site
that you suggested Lisa and remember the guidance you guys have
provided. He had two "papers" due and then this 10 page deal from Psychology. Although he has ended up with a B average in
regular classes the past two years, he doesn't have the Exec.
Functioning skills to pace out assignments so he waits and waits
before realizing it has to be done AND he can't do it. It's a
vicious cycle. DDD

nvts

Hi! We have the deadline issue throughout the family. What I did was create a form letter for all teachers for each difficult child. The letter explained that I needed the deadlines for all projects, book reports, papers, etc. listed on the bottom of the letter.

As they came back, I noted them on the calendar ONE WEEK (minimum) before they were due and started the reminders:

Hey, your science article is due soon...

hey!!! your science article is due soon...

HEY!!! YOUR SCIENCE ARTICLE IS DUE SOON!!!!!! Ok, no tv...your science article is due!!!!

It worked here! :smile:

Beth

DDD

Beth, that method was needed and worked for some of the kids. This kid insists on "ownership" of "his responsibilities". That
is great...except when he gets in a pickle and then he acts like
it is my fault. Geez, parenting is too challenging..lol. DDD