Help with logistics and mechanics of difficult children and chores

InsaneCdn

Janet...
Billy needs a negotiated responsibility list - rather than one-off requests...
He should be... (for example) cooking once a week, cleaning the kitchen once a week, either doing his own laundry or providing specific help in that department weekly, and, say, looking after garbage disposal.

That's about 1/4 of what I did at home, as a wage-earning adult.

DammitJanet

Well he does his own laundry and I dont even go in his room because it looks like Hoarders R US. I cant say much because so does mine. I would love to put him on a schedule for him to cook meals but his schedule varies. I also need help more than just once a week. Really I only have 4 days of meals I have to cook. Thursdays Tony brings home dinner and Tony cooks dinners on the weekends.

I could probably find 4 easy enough meals I could make but the main issue is cleaning up after the cooking. We dont have a working dishwasher. This is idiotic. I could buy one easy enough on craigslist but every time I attempt to get Tony to let me do it he has some excuse...same with the stool that would make life so much easier for me in the kitchen. I have no idea what the problem is. I have found dishwashers for under a hundred bucks.

We dont have city or county trash pick up so I have to find a private one that works in my area. I am working on that now. I thought I found one but they dont come down to my area. I know there is one but I just have to keep looking. But that is still going to mean someone has to take the trash from the kitchen to the outside bin every night. Billy can walk right by a full trash can and not see it. Or he just stacks more trash on top of a full bag. If we get a trash pick up, I am going to get a kitchen trash can that uses those white bags with a can that has a lid to keep the dogs out. That way we can take the bag out nightly.