Here it is! My pre-Christmas meltdown

tiredmommy

I was doing well, really I was. Especially with the amount of stress I've been under trying to get everything done: I lost the better part of a month due to Duckie's play, then we've been booked solid between activities and other stuff. Duckie's been a pill: overtired, cranky, asthma kicked up. I get it: she doesn't feel well.

So we used her 4 foot artificial Christmas tree in the children's pageant on Sunday, brought it home that afternoon. I worked on cookies that afternoon, picked up our sty of a house and went to a concert with husband that evening. I cooked, ran errands and shopped yesterday. I absolutely needed to get my cookie tins/platters taken care of last night.

She complained because I couldn't get the family room cleaned up and her tree set up so we could decorate it. She had a fit. And then I had a fit.

Good grief!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. Stop the world. Even Mommies can throw fits on occasion. Good for you.

Yeah she's not feeling good and is cranky and demanding..............but still, you've got things to get done that aren't centered around her.

I wanted to smack easy child for coming up with the idea of keeping Kayla and Alex for 3 days come Sunday evening. It wasn't the kids, or behavior, I enjoyed spending time with them very much............but I've got like a billion things to get done before xmas and she cut 3 days and 2 whole nights right out of my already cramped schedule. So I spent time with kayla but I wasn't the dotting nana I wanted to be, instead I taught her to loom while I worked on projects in the evenings. I have a feeling she was a little bit disappointed, but I have my own stuff that has to get done too. I've already cut out 3 projects and I'm still not sure I'll get done on time. I'm going to be majorly sleep deprived from now until dec 26th. ugh

busywend

Stop putting so much pressure on yourselves! Cut out some tasks that people will understand. If you do not enjoy the holidays, you will look back and feel bad about it.

So stop. Make a commitment to enjoy the next few days. Make it as special as you can (without beating yourself up) for the littles. They really do not require that much. The adults can do without a cookie tray this year.

There - you have your orders! (lol - of course I am kidding about the orders!)

tiredmommy

Thanks.

Lisa- it's good to know I'm not alone, lol!

Wendy- My goal is for the household "tasks" to be done by 6pm Wednesday 12/22, that's when the girl scouts come over for their meeting. I'm "allowed" to run to the bank, make a last run to the grocery store for that something I'm sure to have forgotten and finish any left over wrapping on Thursday 12/23 before we join up with my family in Canada in the evening. Then. I. Am. Done.

Friday 12/24 is "my" day, so to speak. :christmasgift:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I think it's o.k. that you had that meltdown. It isn't like you do it often so Duckie probably learned from it not to over push things! I'm glad you have a "me" day coming up!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Wendy............. I've already cut out 3 such projects. And my girls have been told their hats and scarfs will be an IOU coming to them the week following xmas.........I've only two hands after all and there are only so many hours in the day. I enjoy doing this stuff.......I'm just at the right before xmas crunch and easy child changing plans cramped it up a bit. I think I'll be ok unless some major disaster crops up. And if that happens they'll just have to understand.