Here we go again...break-up...

KTMom91

Miss KT and her current boyfriend have broken up. They spent the day together, went to see "Alice" and then went to dinner, and she just came in with a red, tear-stained face, and said they were "taking a break because they were both so busy." Well, I've heard this one before, and it's always close to impossible around here when it happens.

Earlier this week, she told me that he had said she was really negative, and it brought everybody down, and it was really hard being around her negativity, that she didn't like anybody or anything. He's right-she is really negative, she's difficult to be around, and she doesn't like many people, although she thinks she does.

She was doing better, getting involved at church because of the boyfriend, and now I wonder if she's going to continue working at church (paying job, child care) or just blow the whole thing off. I don't even know what to expect, but hopefully not a complete backslide or something dangerous...please rattle some beads to ward off the awfulness!

klmno

Here's hoping she stays focused on what's best for her.... you say in the title of the thread "again"- I hope he's not treating her like a yo-yo.

everywoman

rattling beads now---hope you don't see a backslide, but I understand completely what a difficult child is like when things aren't going right---dealing with one right now---and I'm so tired of his drama and negativity that I just can't stand to see his # come up on my phone.

KTMom91

Again means that this has become a pattern with her, not with this particular person, but with boyfriends in general. It takes about 4-5 months before she wears the relationship out, whether it's a friendship, romantic, whatever. That's about as long as she can maintain. She doesn't really have friends, all her friends are the boyfriend's friends, so that gets uncomfortable, too.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I hope hope hope she holds it together and keeps the job....hugs for you. I'm not sure what is worse...that feeling that the other shoe is about to drop and waiting...or the feeling when it does.