Here we go again

tiredmommy

Duckie had a bad allergic reaction this morning; she broke out in hives on her face though they haven't affected her mouth and breathing at this point. The on call doctor believes it may be a reaction to the Biaxin she's been taking for a sinus infection.

So we're on Benadryl every four hours and watching her breathing in case we need to run her to the hospital. :(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it's good you have some idea of what's causing it, and you're prepared.

I had that happen with difficult child 2 once when he was about 6. Hives allll over his body and face. Happened about 20-30 minutes after I'd given him a smoothie from Jamba Juice. Gave him benedryl and it eventually cleared up by that evening. I went back to the shop the next day to get the ingredient list for what I'd ordered him and then we had him tested for food allergies, but NOTHING on the list came up positive. All I could figure is there was a cross contamination with something else that got into his smoothie...

Hope she's feeling better soon!

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. We ended up running her to the ER because the hives spread some, she developed a tummy ache and her throat was itchy. Everything was fine and her allergy doctor said he has red-lined biaxin on her chart... no more for her. So she's back on the steroid until Wednesday and will hopefully be able to return to school tomorrow.