Here we go again

Californiablonde

Cb, i sure understand anxiety and panic attacks and had many in school and was not on medications in high school at all. And while anxiety, especially for me in school, was lethal to my grades (way too nervous to concentrate or study) i did go. Except when I cut out early. But I went often enough to graduate with no problem. I won no awards and flat out refused to go to my graduation, but i graduated.

Your daughter will go if she wants to go, bad anxiety or not. And she wont go if she doesnt care about graduating. I think a GED sounds good. I think your daughter is disabled enough for SSI. If she gets it, her caseworker can help her in many ways and Daughter may find somewhere else to live, which would be good in my opinion.

You very sadly can not make her take care of her health. That must be scary. I am sorry.

I do agree that you in my opinion would probably be better off without mom's controlling help. in my opinion it would help to fetach with love from Mom too. Let her do less for you and daughter...she is still such a force...

I hope you can learn to detach with love from both. How is your son?
My son is the only thing holding me together, thank you for asking. Good grades, perfect attendance, as usual, not even a tardy on his record ever, and he is calm and very non demanding. Thank God for him. If it wasn't for him I would think I'm really screwing up this parenting thing.