He's been gone a week...

F

flutterbee

...I'm ready for easy child to be home now.

It has been nice to have time with difficult child that is uninterrupted by easy child needing the car (All. The. Time.) and all that. I've enjoyed my time with just her. But, I really miss easy child.

I always miss him while he's gone, but this time...I don't know. I guess I know that the time will be coming soon when he'll move out on his own and I'm not ready for that. It doesn't seem like it's been almost 17 years since he was born.

I did this, too, when he started high school. I had such a hard time with that. How did my kid get to be old enough to be in high school? When did that happen? And now he's almost 17 and is in love and oh my gosh, where did the time go?

I didn't know that it would go by so fast.

Sigh...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Heather, time goes so fast. I can't believe I have a 25 year old. When you think about 7...yes, 7 years have passed since he GRADUATED from high school, I suddenly feel very old. ;)

Enjoy the time you have and put away the small things.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know what you mean. My YOUNGEST will be 19 in a couple weeks. Seems like just yesterday she was bawling about husband digging up worms in our backyard. And now she's a Mom of a 2 year old.

Same for easy child, she'll be 24 in July. Travis is 22. Seems like every year goes faster than the one before it.

It can make you feel old. But then I think of my mother. Her youngest kid is 44 (me). And my mother in law, her youngest kid is 60 (husband). And suddenly I feel young again. :rofl:

KateM

My easy child will be heading for college in the fall of 2009. Already I miss her! She is my baby and we are very close.

Heather, you are so right -- the time flies with our children!

everywoman

My oldest will be 26 in July. He is the father of a 2 year old. difficult child is 20. PCdaughter is 18 1/2. She will leave for BCT in July. I watched them at grandson's bdparty yesterday and got a little teary. Where did the time go? What happened to my babies? How did they grow up so fast? At yet, at those tears where also tears of joy---they are so great---How did I raise such wonderful kids?

4sumrzn

Time sure does fly by!!!!! I got tears in my eyes the other day, thinking easy child will be in highschool before I know it! I can't imagine thinking of him moving out, but it will be here before I know it too:( Wish it didn't go by so fast........

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I felt sad when N turned 4 last month... I am sure every year, especially the "big ones" are even harder!
You obviously have done a great job...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Now the TRICK would be to get our difficult child's to catch up with the age that our time flew by TO!

Coookie

Boy do I understand, and empathize. :( I look at pictures of difficult child as a little boy and I just wonder what happened to all those seconds, minutes, hours and days? :( It is hard to let go and accept that he is a man sometimes. :(

But he is.....

Hugs