He's driving

Wiped Out

Staff member
us all crazy!

difficult child is being so loud lately-everything he does is like he is screaming, even when he is in a good mood. He is also non stop talking at home and being extremely obnoxious! easy child, husband, and I have had it. The good news-still no violence! However, he is being just plain rude, disrespectful, and nasty.

The good news is we had a meeting at his school today and they are so pleased with how he is doing. He is being appropriate for the most part (he is still difficult child afterall). One teacher said she has never seen him be angry. It was the computer teacher and someone I really like-I used to teach with her at another school years ago. She would tell me the truth.

They did say he had one bad thing happen last week. He was in class when he took a pencil and tried to stab the student teacher in the eye. He told the student teacher he better get away from him. Within about a minute some other teacher totally distracted difficult child and got him working again. They said when he tried to do that with the pencil he looked like a completely different person.

So I'm glad he is doing well at school but wish he was doing as good at home!

TerryJ2

The driving part had me going there for a minute!

Whoa, the pencil thing ... I know what you mean about how he's a completely diff person. been there done that. Strange stuff. It's like people don't believe us until they see it for themselves. I hear you!

Good luck at home. Sigh.

tiredmommy

OMG!!! I thought your 11 year old was behind the wheel of a car!!! :rofl:

I would be very concern about the threat on the student teacher...

Andy

Have you noticed Terry's posts lately? I have to keep looking at the avatars or signatures to see which of yours I am reading. You two are identical this week - bad back and active difficult children.

Jena

hi,

ok yup me too thought he was driving a car! I know your back was in pain this past weekend and you were going to try a new medication, yet I thought hmmm she wouldn't give him the keys!!! LOL ( that was funnier in my head :) )

Anyway glad to hear hes doing well in school, that's huge. The home thing I hope that calms in time as well.

How'd you get through day with your back??

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry I didn't even think about the driving thing! That would truly send me over the edge-glad he is no where near 16!

Thanks everyone!
TM-we are worried about the threat to the student teacher-luckily there is a psychiatrist appointment. tomorrow after school.

Adrianne-Yep, I noticed Terry and I are dealing with similar things this week!

Jennifer-Yikes-giving him the keys-I would need my head examined!

Terry-It's true they have to see it to believe it!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

Hate to scare you or anything, but wm is the loudest kid in the state of MN. His hearing has been checked. What's fascinating about this is that loud noises drive him crazy.

Just out of curiosity, has your difficult child been checked for sensory issues? wm is in a heavy duty sensory treatment program even as we speak. It seems to be working to some extent. His talking has slowed down, the incessant questions are less often, his body is calming somewhat & he's less loud.

Not that you or husband need another thing on your plate but it's something to think about.

by the way, the driving thing didn't scare me ~ you're a whole state away. LOL