Hes safe!

T

toughlovin

Ok he is safe, being admitted to detox right now! Phew. What an afternoon... I got nothing done today although I am managing to cook dinner!

He did call me collect while I was in the shower and I missed the call. So he called husband who called me and told me where he was and that he wanted to be picked up. Apparently his phone is completely dead and he has lost his charger.

So then it took awhile to get a hold of someone there and have them call back. Turns out he is real close to there and could have walked...anyway they sent someone to pick him up but it took awhile. So he finally called me back because he had been waiting quite a while. So I got to talk to him. Told him they were coming and gave him the address in case he didnt find them. I asked him how he was and he said "I am exhausted!". I did tell him I love him. So at least he has a bed to sleep in tonight.

They just called me and he is there and he is safe.. So I will sleep well tonight too!!!

Lets just hope he was really miserable enough this time being homeless and no food that things click. And now he knows we are serious when we say he will be on the street....

Phew... well tomorrow will definitely be a better day than today.

I am so so glad I took the step to tell him no to food... because I think that is what ended up doing it.

TL

Nancy

Good news TL. Now please get some sleep. Your body needs some peaceful rest.

My question about food was after he got there. Are you going to have to send him money for food again? Does this place require him to follow a program and is he under restrictions?

Nancy

A

AmericanGirl

TL....thank God. You have shown such love, faith and patience.

Hope you can rest.

DDD

Now is the time to exhale. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. At least for now he is safe and there is a chance for the future. Hugs DDD

exhausted

Yes!!! You can have peace for awhile. I hope they work him so he works the program. Yep, no phone, no food, no bed, no bike. Pretty darn horrid-what a nice snapshot of the future if you don't get sober kiddo. Good work TL, your a great mom.

T

toughlovin

This is a rehab so I am assuming food is included. He is allowed to use his phone in the evenings I think so he can still call the girlfriend.... but it is an inpatient rehab and starts off in detox. I am not sure what will happen next or how long he will stay. My preference would be 90 days but I am not sure he will go for that. I am going to let the program work with him and hopefully figure out what is next. And what we do for him as the next step I don't know. I know if we have to pay for food again it is going to have to be through someone else. No more grocery cards and certainly no cash. It will be one step at a time... but we are done being conned.

TL

Nancy

Oh that's great that it's an inpatient rehab. Then food should be a non issue and they will work him hard. This is much better than any sober house. You definitely should feel good about this.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
That's great news, TL. I'm really glad that he is starting in detox and that it will be followed by inpatient treatment.

Now you need to relax and use this time to regroup. The 30 day rehab my difficult child was in was the most relaxing time we have had in 10 years. Sad, isn't it?

~Kathy

buddy

so glad he is safe. I pray he can embrace this and move forward into a happier life. Enjoy the respite from worry... Love, Dee

I'm glad that your difficult child is in a good program now. I'm not sure how this rehab works for you, but are you supposed to pay for the cost of the treatment? I hope that you don't mind me asking about the cost, because I certainly don't want to offend you. I know how expensive the rehab was for our difficult child, and I am wondering if you are required to pay for the cost of the treatment for your difficult child.

I hope you can get some rest now. You deserve it!

T

toughlovin

Nancy - I do feel good about it. We had told him when he was kicked out that we would not pay for another sober house. It was inpatient treatment or nothing. And then we refused to give him money for food. The sober house guy referred us to this inpatient program and they called me and then called him. It took a couple of calls and a couple days on the street but he then called them back.

PV - Our insurance is paying for most of it i believe. I hope. We had to pay our deductible and a co-pay but compared to the cost of the treatment that wasn't bad. We are lucky it is the beginning of the year because he had run out of insurance at the end of last year.

Kathy it is sad that the time we relax the most and sleep the best is when they are in some kind of structured setting... ok i didn't sleep well when he was in jail and that was structured... but having him on the street is the worst.

I only hope he stays in for at least 30 days... or longer. He may check himself out but then he will have to find a place to go. So we will see.

TL

klmno

I'm glad he's safe and you can rest some now. I really hope he sticks with it this time. I'm sure the roller coaster ride has seemed unbearable sometimes. ((HUGS))

Zardo

TL - you are so strong. No matter what happens from here - you can TRUELY say - you did everythng you can. I know that as the drugs clear out of his system, clear thinking will start to come back. Rest well - you did a GREAT job!