Hey Dammit Janet...

hearthope

Just thinking of you and husband.

I may have missed an update somewhere, but I wanted to see how everything was with you guys since Cory had moved out.

HH

DammitJanet

Hey HH,

Thanks for looking for me. Im still hanging in there. While Cory is still moved out, we still have LOTS of contact with him. There are days I wish he forgot my number...lol.

One thing I think is beginning to sink into his head is that he is on his own now and he better figure it out. We will see him and maybe give help if that is what WE want to do. Like if I am going out someplace and he asks, well then maybe I will go to his house and take him with me. If he is being nice...lol. He messed up one time with us and we shut him down fast. He had a few days to think about it when we refused to take his calls and suddenly he is much more polite when he talks to us and says please and thank you.

Baby steps.

everywoman

Wow! How did I miss that he had moved out. I knew you were hoping he would. It must have been when I was having knee surgery----CONGRATULATIONS! We are looking at letting difficult child live in a garage apt. we own about a block from us. It would get him out of our hair and we could make him do the repairs from the last renter for free rent----if he could only find a job!!! This felon thing is really hurting him. It was bad enough when he was just the local stoner---now he is the felon forger---makes it almost impossible in a town of 8,000.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Yep. Babysteps. I like how to shut him down fast, and it's made him more polite. lol Good for you. I'm glad to hear things are going well.

((hugs))

hearthope

Great Janet! Sounds like the stress has gone out with Cory.

Hope he continues on his course of baby steps.

Amazing how quick they can remember how to be respectful isn't it?

DammitJanet

Oh dont let me give you the false impression the stress is gone...lol. It isnt. Im still responsible for him on somethings and I still get all the daily phone calls with all the drama. We still have quite a bit of contact because of the baby.

I spent today running him around to a few appts and for him to get some paperwork together so he can hopefully start a job tomorrow. Then a few hours after I dropped him off at his place we get a phone call saying he had to take his new girlfriend to the hospital and "do you think you guys could come get us when we are done?" LOL. Well his heart is in the right place. The girlfriend passed out from stomach pain and he called the rescue squad.

Needless to say we agreed to go get them. Or should I say I volunteered husband. I cant drive at night. They just called a few minutes ago to get picked up. What amazes me is how calm and polite he can be when its needed. Arghhhh....he needs to be that way all the time!

DammitJanet

Well more drama has ensued.

Cory woke up at around 4 this morning in extreme pain. It had to be bad because this boy can take pain really well. He didnt even cry when he stuck a knife through his hand and blood was everywhere. Well in the middle of the nite this morning, he was rolling around on the floor crying and begging people to kick him in the head to put him out of his pain. He started throwing up and the girlfriend called the ambulance back for him!

He was put on a morphine drip on the way to the ER and when they got there they found out he has two large kidney stones, one in each kidney! Poor kid.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG! Poor Cory! OUCH!

Make sure they do the test to find out what caused the stones. That way his diet can be adjusted to help prevent future ones.

Is he home or in hospital??

This board auntie sends him a huge hug of empathy. been there done that way too many times. (been 20 yrs since the last one)

BBK lmao too true.

DammitJanet

Thanks for the thoughts for him. I will let him know that his board aunties are thinking of him...and that he has been renamed...lol.

He is home. Im a bit worried about him because he says that he cant pee hardly at all and that it feels like his bladder is about to bust. He says he can get out maybe an ounce at a time. I got him some of those uristat pills. The ones to numb the bladder. Hopefully that will make things feel better.

He cant get in to see a urologist until after thursday. He has an appointment thurs morning to see his GP who then has to decide if they need to send him. Ugh. But thats medicaid...everything has to go thru your gp first.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Sounds like those stones are now in his bladder? Although it might be bladder spasms which can sometimes make you feel like you've really got to go but your bladder isn't full. The medication you got him ought to stop that if that's the case.

But if it doesn't he might want to go back to ER and have them take another look to make sure the stones haven't moved. If they've gone to the bladder, he might be able to pass them if he drinks lots of water. (passing them is even MORE painful)

I've never been able to pass one yet. I get the type with burrs and they get stuck in my ureters every single time. Which is why I'm glad I've not had another in so many years. :whew:

Sending good thoughts that Cory's feeling better soon. Was the girlfriend ok? ....it's always something...-Alyssa

Sending good thoughts that Cory's feeling better soon. Was the girlfriend ok? ....it's always something...-Alyssa

DammitJanet

Right now I dont even want to hear the word "hospital" for a long long time.

Cory was even worse this morning with not being able to pee and flank and lower abdomen pain plus he is still nauseated and vomiting some. I called his primary doctor up and told them what was going on since he couldnt get in to see anyone until tomorrow. Primary told me to take him back to the ER.

He is now in the ER and we are waiting to see what they will do now. I hope they just tend to this thing...or things...and get it moving along. He was supposed to start a new job on tuesday morning and then this happened.

girlfriend is still sick too. She has some sort of gallbladder problem and needs an ultrasound on it tomorrow. She is up with Cory right now waiting to see what happens. I guess if they admit him she will just stay there with him.

This girl seems pretty nice. She is almost 18 and her parents are big difficult child's. She graduated high school in june and they kicked her out. Nice.

Oh..and on top of the kidney stones...the poor lad has a huge boil on his hiney!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:smile: :faint:

I'm glad he's getting checked out again. Wonder if this is a bit o' karma coming 'round to bite him in the a ss?? :wink:

Let us know how he's doing. Saying a prayer they figure out what's going on and what they're gonna do quickly. I know how miserable the boy is. :frown:

DammitJanet

Can you believe they sent him home again!!! I swear health care here is a joke.

The boy gets his hiney lanced, drained and packed then they do more testing on the kidney stones and tell him that they are between 6 and 7mm each. This hospital says he may...may...be able to pass them on his own but they arent sure. That sounds like a darn big stone to pass to me. Thankfully the hospital did refer him to the urologist so he doesnt have to go thru his primary.

They also put him on antibiotics and more pain pills. He is walking around in a daze. Yes, I brought him and his girlfriend here for the nite. Maybe Im a sap but I want to be able to keep an eye on him. Plus the boy wants his momma. He looked so pitiful coming in the house and wandering around until he just collapsed against me saying how bad he felt. Maybe all his badness will be condensed into those kidney stones...lol.

KFld

Youch!!!! It all sounds a little to painful for me. Hopefully he'll pass them soon. I haven't experienced it myself, but I have heard how horrible it is.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Those sound pretty big to me, too. :smile:

Janet, you're no sap. I've had many docs tell me kidney stones rank right up there with heart attacks as being one of the most painful things a person can have. (I believe it) The boy needs someone to look after him while he's so sick. Knowing he's with you makes me feel better and I'm just a board auntie. I don't want to scare you but when(or if) he passes them he could start to hemorrhage. It doesn't usually happen, but if they are the burr kind it sure can. If he's with you, he has someone who won't hesitate to call for help. And if one happens to get stuck, well he's gonna know a new kind of h ell and will need you too.

I hope the urologist sees him quickly. Glad he's going to one. Keep us updated. This board auntie is worried.

((hugs))