Hey, folks. Let's exchange MySpaces as friends!n m

BusynMember

I'd love to see your MySpace and have all of you as friends on mine. If you're interested, drop by and sign up and hopefully let me sign up with you too!!!!

Have a good day, and hope your kids are...good today. Aren't they always? Hehe!

Lothlorien

Just remember that if you post your myspace pages, that your info is out there for anyone....including identities and pictures. You may want to share through PM instead.

SRL

You may have nothing to hide today but tomorrow a reason may crop up that you will wish you would have retained your child's privacy here. We've had situations like school districts, exhusbands, and medical professionals identify people here and it can make for a very tense situation. What you post at the site is now being archived long term and while you see no need for caution today, that may not be the case later on down the road.

If you feel a need to exchange this info, I also urge you to do it by email or PM.

momof4insc

i understand what you are saying, but you also have to look at it like this, if you KNOW that it is a public forum, then it falls on you for putting personal info "out there" for everyone to see. If you didnt want anyone to read what you have posted then you shouldnt be on the internet.

neednewtechnique

I have a hard time getting my myspace account to access other profiles from the links, so I thought I should just post mine out here and if anyone wants to hook up with me on myspace, please do!!!!

Thanks!

Sue C

MySpace bothers me a bit. Melissa has her real name, photos, age, city, high school, college, and work place all on there. I am not comfortable with that. I told her it was not a good idea as anyone could easily track her down, but of course she will not listen.

I have a MySpace page but I don't have identifying info on it, plus it is set to only private for my family and a few close friends.

I know we feel like one big family here on the Board, but you just never know who might harm you or cause trouble for your child, like a few other people have said.

Sue

F

flutterbee

Until my computer crashed, I had myspace blocked so it couldn't be accessed. I don't think kids have any business on that site. I need to figure out how I blocked it before. It's not so easy to block a site using firefox...it was something along the lines of putting some code into some program. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about and knows how to do it, please let me know.

SRL

I know we feel like one big family here on the Board, but you just never know who might harm you or cause trouble for your child, like a few other people have said.

Sue

When kids are young it often doesn't occur to parents that what they write about them online could factor into them getting a job or internship someday. Recently someone posted a link about how prospective employers were scouting myspace in order to narrow down the interview field.

mom_in_training

I'm still trying to figure out the code to fix my page. Just got the background done from one of my difficult children friends (Shes a Myspace geek)

But I don't want to keep bothering her.