HEY!

DadRich

Just thought I would say hello. It's been a LONG LONG time! All I can say to ya'll is "been there, done that." I only have two at home (and only one part time!).

Chris was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia almost 4 years ago (OMG the poor guy) and Ansdew is still at home doing rather well. Guess he is my only easy child so to speak although for those of you who know me, Chris is the one who taught me more about human life than any one on the planet.

Now with this little activity in my life I am almost bored!

ysne58

Good to hear from you again Dadrich. I went for quite awhile without posting. My kids are doing ok right now. There have been a couple of times that I've treatened to send my son to come visit you and described your techniques. Just the threat has been amazingly affective. rofl. So I haven't even had to contact you to see if that's a viable alternative.

I'm really sorry about Rico. That was a horrendous loss for all of you.

Cathy/Ysne

LittleDudesMom

Dadrich :salute:,

It certainly has been a loooonnnnngg time. I'm thinking that Chris is the other one home? Thanks for checking in. Don't be a stranger.

Sharon

busywend

Well, a blast from the past! Good to hear from you!

Bored, huh? I am sure we could round up a few difficult children for ya! LOL!
:rofl:

Glad you checked in. You are still mentioned around here now and then.

Don't be a stranger!

BusynMember

Oh, Dadrich, you were the one who helped me figure out that one of my two adopted son were sexually abusing my younger ones! I never stop thanking you! Both of those two boys are gone now, but Lucas and Nicole are doing great (14 and 11!). Lucas is on the autism spsesctrum and the greatest kid in the world. I don't think you knew my older kids.
R., the one we suspected was causing the trouble, but who was not is now living happily in a wonderful adoptive home in the country.
I'm glad your life settled down. I'm so sorry that so many of the boys turned out bad--but I'm convinced that adopting older kids with problems is an uphill battle that we often just can't win. "Love" doesn't solve the bitter problems that these children come with--many don't want to be loved.
The sexual predator is now eighteen and is in Green Bay somewhere. We changed our address and phone number so that he doesn't know where to find us in case retaliation enters his mind.
(((Hugs))) and prayers to you.

Pam

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Rich, it's nice to see you.
You leave us too long and you have to come back as an apprentice. Funny isn't it?

Glad Chris is doing ok. Unfortunately as I age I can't remember specifics too well but any difficult child doing well is a cause to celebrate.

DDD

What a delight to see another "oldie goldie" member! :smile:
It has been a very long time.

Are you still riding your bike to chill? Didn't you change jobs
right before your took your Board break? How's that going?

I envy you the "one" kid at home, lol. It's nice to be updated.
DDD

TerryJ2

Hi Dadrich. Nice to meet you.
Good luck with-your kids. Paranoid schizophrenia is a hard one.
I love your sense of humor.

slsh

member since 1999
DadRich - wonderful to see you. I still employ "bummer for you" very frequently, possibly even more now than ever LOL, and think of you fondly every time.

Glad to hear things are going well and that you're "bored", though I must admit I find that a bit hard to believe! :smile:

Sue C

DadRich -- Just want to say hi from one "oldie" to another. I had forgotten all about the "bummer for you." I used that for awhile.

Sue

Estherfromjerusalem

Hey DadRich!

Just thought one "oldie" should salute another, so I'm saying hello to you!!

It's good to see you around. I don't post very often these days, but I look in at least once a day.

This is still a wonderful group of people to belong to -- supportive and non-judgmental.

I'd like to hear how you are doing now.

And of course I remember "bummer for you." Even if I never said it outright to my son, it was there in my mind and helped me get through some tough moments.

Love, Esther

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ohhhhhhh THERE you are! Dad Rich-

Thought about you and the boys the other day. Figured you must be out snowmobiling or working on that Cadillac. Of course THAT would surely explain why you aren't HERE...everrrrrrrrrrr(like ValleyGirl)

Yeah apprentice (LOL) OH for the days of being new to GFGisms -

(poster's friend notes that Star passed out at the thought of starting over with difficult child) Dude is now 17

Glad to have you back!
Hugs
Star

DadRich

Hi everyone. GREAT to see so many of you that I remember so clearly. Yeah, some of mine turned out rather 'icky' but I sit here and look at the one who shook everything up (Chris) who has moved into his own place - getting GREAT benefits through SSI - calls me EVERY morning and says "Hey Daddyo - what's UP!" and Andrew, the one who has lived through everything - still hanging in there and turns 18 on Saturday. Maybe the last 21 years of my life were worth something.

Also, I have learned one of my 'tune up kids' (LOL) made Eagle in Boy Scouts and is doing well in a high-end college.

Conversely, one of mine is in prison (and they say crack exposure in-utero is harmless). One has been in and out, etc.... Choices choices. BUMMER FOR YOU!

GREAT to hear from all of you.

Pam - would welcome email at [email protected] ANYTIME. Would love to get caught up. Glad to hear R is doing well. I always liked that kid. I can honor honesty. It's what he provided me.

I will try to get here again with some regularity.GREAT hearing from all of you.