Hi Again!

susiestar

Roll With It
It has been quite a month. I was away again due to a combo of the internet being out and being very sick. I did think of you all A LOT and pray for you daily, but couldn't contact you.

I got some AWFUL bug that had me in the bathroom going at both ends from the 8th to the 10th. husband took me to the ER on the 10th because I couldn't keep any medications in my system and by then it was long enough to start problems due to the medications I am on and that added to the bug would have been dangerous. My reg doctor and pain doctor are always on me about how I should go to the ER if I can't keep medications down for more than 24 hrs, and this time husband put his foot down and made me go. I got better for almost a day and a half. I was back in the ER on the 13th and it was the same thing.

The docs (different one each visit) were truly amazed at how much zofran and something else and finally an imtramuscular shot of phenergan (as I said before they don't usually do phenergan shots anymore - the medication destroys your vein apparently and they don't like to do it IM either because it is hard on your body) because I was STILL dry heaving.

On the 13th they did an ultrasound of my kidneys, liver and gallbladder to look for gallstones or any other problem that could be causing this, and the doctor was not sure if I should go home or not. He just didn't know how to get me to stop having this happen over and over.

It has taken until yesterday for my system to behave itself and I still feel sick to my stomach if I push to do a lot. I don't normally get this sick or have it last anywhere NEAR this long. It has been a miserable month. I am happy to be feeling better and to have the internet back so that I can talk to y'all again. I have missed you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wondered where you went! I'm so glad you're feeling better! :)

I have been noticing some rather potent bugs out there this year. One respiratory, another a stomach virus. Sounds like you got the stomach one. I'm hoping to avoid both.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

After what happened with my stomach all summer, I hate anything even remotely making that hurt. I have had to switch to zofran myself for nausea this summer.

lovemysons

Hi Sus,

Another here that's missed YOU. Glad you're feeling a bit better now...and glad husband takes such good care of you!

I have been thinking about you quite a bit lately as I know you and husband recently sold your house and moved and now WE are in process of doing the same thing. In fact, husband and I are up at "O dark thirty" painting doors this Saturday morning. The house is just a few weeks away from putting on the market...sure hope it sell's quickly as Young difficult child will be out of prison and living with us come December. He is a nororious mess maker, ya know.

Also...I don't know if you remember me saying but I am in part Choctaw Indian and am going to the clinic in Durant as well as dental in Ardmore in January. When I head up to Oklahoma it would be nice if maybe we could get together for a visit...?

Anyway, I'm glad to see you back on the Board.
Keep feeling better,
hugs,
LMS