Got2Sleep

<span style="color: #FF0000">always am suspicious that something has been missed.</span> ---the WHOLE reason why I am here. I KNOW we are missing something, and need direction and input to find out what

Primary care doctor is scred to death of him. He did send us to Scott and White Clinic, but they did nto have a peds psychiatric unit and sent us to Houston to a rehab place. We did not stay and instead went to San Antonio for hospitalization #1--May 06.

Thank you for recommending Mayo..I had looked online at it yesterday. I will call today to see where to go from here.

We have done all the childbrain things...yes there are issues that score high. And some that make me question things.

Speech development stopped about 10 months and he began clicking..like he had different clicks for different words. He started speech therapy at 2 years old and could not put 2 woerds together. Really, after we found the celiac disease and got his feeding tube put in, his speech flourished, causing me to think his little brain was starving.

He still doesnt use question words correctly. EX:I can go to your house? We tell him...CAN I go to your house..then he answeres, yes you can! He also says N for L. Nothing to big though.

Mental health of family is unremarkable. I suffer from depression(cant imagine why) and there is major alcoholism on both sides. husband is(recovering!), as well as EVERYONE is his family and my side shows only my mother and myself do not drink. My mom says because she saw the damage it caused her family.

Thanks for all your help..and have fun painting!

Got2Sleep

He did receive early intervention from 2-3. Then went into special needs pre-school at 3.5. He exited out of speech before kindergarten.

He is in kinder and gets Occupational Therapist (OT) 2x per week. He also does horse therapy every other Friday.

In the classroom he gets his clip moved daily, sometimes up to 2x and has no fear of the prinicpal. He is likable, but can turn mean in an instant. Spitting is his new thing as school. Very disruptive and hard to redirect.

He does not "play" per say. He can do gameboy, gamecube, computer, but to "play" something is out of his realm. My 8 year old will sit for hours playing with army men, etc, and Bradon can copy him by setting them up..but then has no clue how to play with them.

If he goes outside with other kids, he always ends up hitting or screaming cuss words. He usually stays in the backyard on the trampoline...safer for all of us.

~S

Got2Sleep

Allergies do play a big role. Celiac is an autoimmune disease, and he is also highly allergic to all nuts. (Just a side note here: Since 1994 5 out of 7 kids born in a 4 house area in are block are peanut allergic!) He does have an epi-pen that we (THANKFULLY) have never had to use. I will look into the test and site you listed..thank you.

Thanks also for recommending the parent report..I will defintely check into that!

The BiPolar Child has become my Bible, and I have read and re-read the Explosive Child. As well as Love and Logic...

Thanks!
~S

SRL

Sorry, I missed that Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) diagnosis.

We have seen a number of children come through here with early diagnosis's of Early Onset Bi-Polar (EOBP) who actually were Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) instead. What frequently happened in those cases were that the psychiatrist labeled the BiPolar (BP) and started medicating and poor responses to the medications actually made the child look more BiPolar (BP) and masked the Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) symptoms.

If this were my child I would place heavy emphasis on Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) intervention strategies along with the sensory processing disorder (SPD): cues, schedules, social skills training, strategies to address anxiety, etc. I don't know what your final ending would be but what many parents with this situation (Midwestmom is one of them) have found is that once they had the correct school placement, home strategies, and therapies in place for Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), the BiPolar (BP) symptoms gradually faded.