Hi everybody!

PonyGirl65

Just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know how things are with me. Mostly, good! GFG32 seems to be doing well in prison - which, he generally has always done well when he's locked up. He has been getting books from the library to study Physics and Calculus (always a brainiac, part of his issues?!) and has begun a personal physical training routine. He now runs about 6-7 miles a day! I've told him he should've gone to prison years ago ;-)

The physical stuff he's doing is in order to prepare for a "boot camp" program in the hopes of earning early release. He calls every Sunday. He sounds upbeat and positive. He's making the best of his current situation.

Me....I just recently made the unbelievably hard decision to resign from my job of 27 years. My boss resigned last September, and new board members came in who thought it would be a good idea to start micro-managing me. I did the best I could do cooperate. I promise I did the best I could for as long as I could. But. They changed accounting software and then refused to train me. They questioned every single thing I did. I could no longer withstand the stress. I began to be physically ill.

And then one morning, after another tussle with the board, I thought that I should probably get high.

I wrote my resignation the next day.

(I've been clean & sober for 28 years)

So.....I've been unemployed since Feb 17th and I've applied for 18 different jobs and been on 5 interviews but nothing's come through so far. I'm starting to freak out but still trying to keep my spirits up but I'm starting to freak out.

And I've been lurking and reading a bit here & there, and just wanted to reach out and so here I am. Thanks for sticking with me this far!

Peace

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Hi Pony, thanks for the update. Glad to hear your son is doing well. I hope things work out for him.

Sorry to hear about your job. I'll be keeping good thoughts for you that something will come along soon.

Albatross

Hi Ponygirl, it is good to hear from you. I am so glad to hear your son is making the most of his situation and using it for positive change. It sounds like you did the right thing leaving the job -- good on you for protecting your sobriety, that's the most important thing. I have faith that this will all work out for the best and that something much better work-wise will reveal itself very soon.

pigless in VA

Hi, Pony. I agree that protecting your stress level was more important. I am proud of you for staying sober.

Are you on LinkedIn? My sister who is the master at job hunting, is on that and also attends networking meetings in our area.

I'm glad difficult child is doing well in prison. Sometimes people need that forced structure in their lives in order to succeed. They can't seem to be that for themselves.